- To hell on a cream puff. Mathewes-Green, Frederica // Christianity Today;11/13/95, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p44
Reports that gluttony is not about experience but about our inclination to associate it with external effects shows how reluctant we are to confront the sin the heart. Food as power; Satan's ploy; The grayness of gluttony; Fasting for the masses; Dare to be disciplined.
- Mind over appetite. // Body Bulletin;Nov96, p3
Presents awareness exercises to make individuals less likely to eat when they are not hungry and less likely to eat beyond the point of fullness. Raisin medication taught to overeaters at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center's Stress Reduction Clinic.
- Fat chances. Dichter, Peter // DCI;Sep97, Vol. 161 Issue 3, p73
Talks about the eating habits of the author's patient who gradually developed an excessive craving for desserts. Psychologic testing made on the patient; Contributing factors on his excessive craving of food; Result of hypnosis treatment on his condition.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Lucas, Cynthia; Schrnitz, Raymond; Barton, Daniel; Clubine, John; Beckman, Leonard // Our Sunday Visitor;2/7/2010, Vol. 98 Issue 41, p22
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues, including "Is Islam a Force for Good? Or for Violence?" in the January 3, 2009 issue, "Gluttony--The Most Wide-Spread Deadly Sin," in the January 17, 2009 issue, and "U.S. Bishops Set Sights on Immigration...
- crapulous. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p542
A definition of the medical term "crapulous," which refers to the effects of excessive drinking and eating, is presented.
- polyphagia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1847
An encyclopedia entry for the term "polyphagia" which refers to gluttony or the act of eating large amounts of food is presented.
- Your turning point. Draper, Dave // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Mar2001, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p66
Ponders on the increasing number of overweight people. Changes in the eating habits of people; Consequences of gluttony; Choices that one can make with regard to body weight.
- How gluttony went out of fashion. Fernandez-Armesto, Felipe // New Statesman;12/16/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4618, p75
Discusses the relationship between gluttony and the societal class system. Implication of the act of eating a lot; Chronicles of people who have been reported of having great appetite; Concepts formed from food sharing.
- RX for Gluttony. Okholm, Dennis // Christianity Today;09/04/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p62
Offers a look at the insights of the early Christian monks on gluttony and fasting. How eating is crucial in biblical narratives; Christian doctrine on gluttony; Evidence of gluttony; Control of disordered cravings for food.