One million tiny plays about work
- TACHODISC. // Motor Transport;9/13/2007, p6
The article provides an answer to a question about rest periods in the new drivers' hours regulations in Great Britain.
- Lunch Hour an Endangered Species. // OfficePro;Mar2000, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the finding of a study in the United States that office lunch hour is used as an extension of office hours. Percentage of respondents who work through lunch everyday; What drove the trend.
- There's No Lunch Hour Like No Lunch Hour. // Training & Development Journal;Feb85, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p8
Relates the results of a survey by Accountemps on the average amount of time taken by employees for their lunch time. Evidence against the popular belief that employees are always a half-hour late getting back to their desks after lunch.
- Out to lunch? Well, actually not. // Community Banker;Feb2000, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p40
Reports on the growing number of employees in the United States who are using their lunch break to perform work-related tasks. Escalation of demand for increased employee productivity; Consequences of falling into the habit of working through lunches.
- Rest is better than a change. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/26/2002, Issue 2528, p22
Describes a case of a travel shop who had to eliminate its usual lunch hour because of the show was so busy between 12:00 and 2:00 in the afternoon. 20-minute break entitled to employees working for six hours or more a day; Agreement among employees to take their lunch hour in turns.
- Poll shows little change in lunch habits over past 3 years. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/27/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 43, p18
Reports that a survey found very little change in lunch habits of U.S. employees from 2000 through 2003. Claim of some employees that their lunch break has become shorter; Mechanics of the survey developed by OfficeTeam.
- Determining the Cost of Production Breaks. Anderlohr, George // Management Review;Dec69, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p16
Determines the cost of production breaks, the time lapse between the completion of a contract for the manufacture of certain units of equipment and the commencement of a follow-on order for identical units. Factors contributing to the loss of learning that takes place during a production break;...
- How to improve work breaks. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/22/2015, pA02
The article discusses the workbreak surveys of researchers at Baylor University in Waco, Texas which found that midmorning serves as the best time to take a quick break from work and the symptoms associated with taking breaks in the afternoon, like eye strain and backache.
- What! You want lunch in my time? // NZ Business;Mar95, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p4
Discusses problems concerning the length of work required of and breaks for employees in some business establishments in New Zealand. Flaws in the New Zealand Employment Contracts Act (ECA); Role of the Department of Labor in teaching employers of employees rights.