Shaping up or shipping out?
- Outsourcing de RR.HH. para reducir costes en tiempos de crisis. // Capital Humano;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 226, p137
No abstract available.
- La crisis impulsa el outsourcing de RR.HH. // Capital Humano;Mar2009, Vol. 22 Issue 230, p15
The article reports that organizations are increasingly outsourcing their human resources functions as they concentrate on their core business in the face of the global financial crisis.
- Many employers up benefits spend despite the recession. Sullivan, Nicola // Employee Benefits;Feb2010, p5
The article focuses on a study by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) which explores the benefits spend of employers for their staff despite the recession in 2009 in Great Britain. The "Reward Management Survey 2010" revealed that about 40 percent of the respondents have...
- In-house online hiring freezing out agencies. Peacock, Louisa // Personnel Today;6/9/2009, p18
The article reports on a survey, which revealed that the recession has resulted in the decline of recruitment agencies in Great Britain. According to the research, nearly half of the 400 employers surveyed said they had reduced their recruitment agency budget since 2008 and 66% admitted they...
- Use of employment agencies on the wane. Williams, Nadia // Personnel Today;6/23/2009, p31
The article discusses the significance of recruitment and employment agencies in Great Britain. A recent survey shows that the use of such agencies is falling, a trend that is likely to continue in the current economic downturn. The survey found that 55 percent of respondents expected to reduce...
- THE WAITING IS THE HARDEST PART. // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/13/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p2
The article presents information on a study titled "Effect of the Economic Crisis on HR Programs," from Watson Wyatt. The human resources executives at 179 U.S. based companies responded to question on policy changes at the personnel department. It was found that, the end of hiring freeze,...
- SHIPPERS' RECESSIONARY RIFT. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/5/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 39, p24
The article discusses the findings of the State of Logistics Outsourcing survey that was released in September 2009. The survey reveals that 82 percent of shippers are driving third-party logistics (3PL) providers to reduce costs during the economic downturn, with 66 percent renegotiating...
- Cuts threaten talent. // e.learning age;Jul/Aug2010, p4
The article discusses the results of a survey done by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) which showed that two-thirds of the 500 organisations surveyed had difficulties recruiting specialists and 79% prioritised attracting and recruiting staff.
- Everlasting cuts. // Workforce Management;7/20/2009, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on a survey that states that more than half of employees plan to change jobs when the recession ends in the U.S. It is stated that the majority of companies plan to recruit only partially when the recession ends, and it may be over the next three to five years. It includes...