Firms urged to use seconded teachers in their training schools
- Educational Resources in Your Own Backyard. Barnshaw III, John // Training & Development;May92, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p53
Describes how an IBM plant works with area schools to develop an employee training program in Charlotte, North Carolina. Training challenges; Benefits for both parties; Educational resources. INSET: Alliances Benefit Schools, Too.
- How To Beef Up Skills On The BeeFreeway. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p17
Reports on the Business E-Education Freeway (BeeFreeway) employee training program launched by the Michigan Department of Career Development. Aim of BeeFreeway; Opportunities that employees can have by accessing the training library of the program.
- ATDC completes training of 100,000 candidates. // Indian Textile Journal;May2014, Vol. 124 Issue 8, p95
The article reports that the Apparel Training and Design Centre has trained over 100,000 people under its Integrated Skill Development Scheme, MOT, GOI through the Skills for Manufacturing of Apparel through Research & Training centers.
- FYI FOR YOUR INFORMATION . . . // Training & Development Journal;Feb81, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on developments in employee training as of February 1981. Common errors organizations make in the design of learning facilities; Value of training in career development; Evaluation of human resource development.
- The Elements of Training. Schniepp, Susan J. // Pharmaceutical Technology;Sep2013, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p22
The article offers information on the elements of the training program. It discusses four parts of any training program including the introductory training requirements for new employees, the annual training requirements for all employees regardless of function, the continuing education training...
- Engineering Employees. Zelinski, Peter // Modern Machine Shop;Aug2007, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p88
The article presents information on the human resources department established by machine shop American Micro to ensure that its future staffing needs will be fully met amid the lack of skilled manufacturing employees. The department includes certified trainers and an experienced director of...
- FIND ONLINE TRAINING THAT PAYS OFF. Fisher, Anne // Fortune;2/7/2005, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p34
Comments on the importance of online learning as an employee training tool for all types of companies. Advice on choosing and implementing effective training programs in the workplace; Importance of testing e-learning courses before purchasing for company use.
- BACK TO SCHOOL. Ryan, Lindsay // BRW;5/22/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p56
The article highlights the benefits of providing funds and investing in corporate education programs in the development of corporate employees and their future leaders in Australia. Organizations with a strategic approach to corporate education provide a non-threatening environment in which...
- THE LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT PIONEER: BILL WIGGENHORN. Hartley, Deanna // Chief Learning Officer;Sep2012, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p34
The article focuses on Bill Wiggenhorn, a former executive of the high technology industries firm Motorola who was President of Motorola University, the company's employee training and learning institution. The growth of Motorola University during Wiggenhorn's tenure at Motorola, particularly...