TV 'should grow talent from within.'
- T4 goes tea-time with Channel 4 festival slots. Cardew, Ben // Music Week;7/24/2010, Issue 29, p8
The article reports on the live broadcasting of four festivals by Channel 4 which include T4 on the Beach on July 4, 2010, V Festival on August 21-22, and Bestival on September 9-12.
- Practical Experience of 16:9 Television in the 4:3 Format. Hurley, Robin // Image Technology;Jul/Aug1994, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p121
The author reflects on the use of 16:9 television in the 4:3 format for widescreen terrestrial broadcast service in Channel Four Television Co. Ltd. in London, England. He argues how one can get away with compromises to achieve a widescreen transmission. He states that the release of widescreen...
- 'THREE OUT OF FOUR': A REPORT ON THE MANCHESTER CONFERENCE. Boyd-Bowman, Susan // Screen;May-Aug86, Vol. 27 Issue 3/4, p106
The author discusses the highlights of a national conference to mark Channel Four's third anniversary, held in Manchester, England on November 30 to December 1, 1985. The author relates that the organizers, the Independent Film and Video Makers Association and the Television Users Group, were...
- Four becomes many. // TVB Europe;Sep2003, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p40
Reports on the deployment of digital broadcasting technology by Channel 4 in Europe. Replacement of mixers and routing system; Installation of a multiplexing systems for the digital satellite services; Continuation of program improvement.
- C4 to broadcast 'Pillars' miniseries. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;6/11/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 49, p8
The article reports on the move of the television network company Channel 4 to air the television miniseries "The Pillars of the Earth," directed by Sergio Mimica-Gezzan, in Great Britain.
- MONTH IN REVIEW. // Televisual;Feb2002, p15
Presents an update on television broadcasting in Great Britain as of February 2002. Makeover of the youth channel BBC3; Anniversary celebration of E4; Disappearance of Bazal brand.
- 4Creative aims for mainstream appeal with Film 4 rebrand. // Design Week;7/27/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the design created by 4Creative for the rebranding of Channel 4's Film 4. 4Creative creative director Brett Foraker created the design with on-air graphics by freelance designers Pete Muckleston and Tom Britton and typeface design by Fontsmith. The article also reports on...
- Channel 4 tunes in Emap. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;7/24/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 16, p14
The article reports the British hybrid pubcaster Channel 4 has spent 28 million sterling pounds for a 50 percent stake in British media group Emap's music television business. The move comes ahead of the broadcaster expansion into radio. It is designed to strengthen the music activities of...
- Channel Clarity: Four for 4. Pank, Bob // TVB Europe;Feb2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p38
The article highlights the latest on-screen branding made by Great Britain-based Channel 4. The company has expanded to offer three further channels including E4, More4, and Film4. According to the author, all are free to air and have their own branding well supported by on-air graphics that are...