US bonus crackdown spotlights UK reward
- An Open Letter to President Obarna From the Cayman Islands Financial Services Association. Travers, Anthony // Hill;5/12/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 53, p15
A letter expressing the author's concerns regarding the erroneous remarks of U.S. president Barack Obama towards the corporate subsidiaries operating in Cayman Islands.
- Designing the Gulf Coast Claims Facility in the Shadow of the Law: A Template From the Superfund ï¿½301(e) Report. Light, Alfred R. // Environmental Law Reporter: News & Analysis;Nov2010, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p11121
The article focuses on the claims compensation process agreed by BP PLC and U.S. President Barack Obama relative to the 2010 oil spill at the Gulf of Mexico. It says that Kenneth R. Feinberg manages the provision of payment to financial institutions getting federal assistance to carry out the...
- Quoted. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Dec2009, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p4
The article presents quotes on the U.S. Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) including U.S. President Barack Obama rewarding hard work but condemning big bonuses paid by big financial firms to their executives, lawyer Kenneth Feinberg of the U.S. Treasury hoping that there is a better method to...
- Incoming Paymaster for Spill Claims Outlines Changes to BP's System. Chavkin, Sasha // Pro Publica;8/ 8/2010, p14
The article reports that Kenneth R. Feinberg, the independent administrator appointed by U.S. President Barack Obama to oversee compensation for the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill, has described broad changes to BP PLC's claims system. Feinberg pledged improvements including a quicker approval...
- Statement on the United States Commitment to Open Investment Policy. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/20/2011, p1
The article presents a statement issued by U.S. President Barack Obama on June 20, 2011 concerning the government's commitment to open investment policy. He claimed that the administration support and promote business investment from sources at home and overseas. He described the status of the...
- Need To Know. // NACD Directorship;Apr/May2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p13
This section offers news briefs related to U.S. companies. Accounting firm Ernst & Young was criticized in a 2,200-page report issued by court-appointed examiner Anton R. Valukas detailing the collapse of Lehman Brothers. In a press briefing in Washington, Kenneth Feinberg, special master for...
- From hope to doomsday. Keene, David // Hill;2/10/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p19
The article shares the author's views regarding the leadership of U.S. President Barack Obama, in which the author suggests that the President's speechwriters should study the leadership model of Ronald Reagan.
- Obanw 's focus failure. Hill, David // Hill;2/25/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p24
The author reflects on the quality of President Barack Obama's national and foreign policy in the U.S.
- Obama cues the satirists. Keene, David // Hill;3/31/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p23
No abstract available.