Changing rules of engagement
- Reach out and hire someone. Garigliano, Jeff // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/97, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p45
Comments on the trend in the United States where magazines are hiring circulation executives who do not actually work for the magazine. Reasons for this trend; Benefits of this practice; Comments from some publishing executives; Details on circulation outsourcing.
- The outsource resource. Graham, Anne // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;11/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p25
Looks at the use of outsourcing in the magazine industry in the United States. Benefits of working with freelancers; Problems associated with freelance writers; Tactics to facilitate the development of a pool of contract writers.
- 12 TRENDS THAT ARE SHAPING THE LIST INDUSTRY. Love, Barbara // Circulation Management;Dec2005, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p18
This article takes a look at the trends that are shaping the periodical publishing industry in the U.S. as of December 2005. Among the trends cited in this article are the shrinking magazine lists, the increase in outsourcing of some publishing functions and the increasing use of models and...
- How to Work With a Contract Publisher. Porter, Margo Vanover // Association Management;Nov2001, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p92
Presents tips for associations on how to work with contract publishers. Importance of trust in the contract; Involvement of the contract publisher in the activities of the association; Information on the associations' expectations.
- Telemarketing: What to Expect in the Next 12 Months. Johnson-Greene, Chandra // Audience Development;Winter2010, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p12
The article focuses on what to expect in telemarketing in the next 12 months. After September 11, 2001, the economy was hit and lot of work were moved offshore where costs were cheaper. Similar to 2004 and 2005, companies including publishers moved their businesses back to the U.S. in 2009 and...
- In-House Fulfillment Systems Report. Mickey, Bill // Audience Development;Fall2010, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the performance of publishing in-house fulfillment systems in 2010. Topics discussed include the branching out of publishers to multiplatform product offerings and their upgrading to centralized databases. The efforts of fulfillment houses in providing added functionality...
- The ins and outs of a fulfillment solution. Lowenstein, Joanna // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;2/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p48
Highlights the factors that start-up magazine publishers should consider when selecting a fulfillment system. Pros and cons of outsourcing; Installation of an in-house system; Need to examine general fulfillment functions; Cost analysis. INSET: Points to consider before signing a contract..
- Custom Publishing Spending at All Time High. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jan2007, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the growth of custom publishing spending in the U.S. in 2006. Outsourcing custom publishing to companies like external custom publishing agencies, advertising agencies and design firms, has decreased. A study released by the Custom Publishing Council and Publications...
- New Chapters in Association Book Publishing. Nunan, Anna // Association Management;Nov2001, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p16
Presents suggestions for the associations' efforts toward book publishing. Creation of partnerships; Development of internal publishing programs; Importance of outsourcing book stores.