In the Loop
- Pricing Update: ENA Sur Trust. Clouse, Carol J. // Private Placement Letter;8/22/2011, p1
The article reports that the acquisition of Panama's Corredor Sur and its operator, ICA Panama SA, will be funded by a 395 million dollars deal.
- Dealwatch. Hoch, Jessica // Oregon Business Magazine;Aug2010, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p16
The article offers information on several business agreements and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) including acquisition of Nevada Security Bank by Umpqua Bank, increase in ownership stake by investor Carl Icahn in Mentor Graphics Corp. to about 12%, and signing of an agreement by ClearEdge Power...
- UPDATES. // Waste Age;Nov2002, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p16
Presents news briefs on acquisition and agreement on November 1, 2002. Companies acquired by Waste Industries USA Inc.; Contract between John Deere Worldwide Construction & Forestry division.
- Il Fornaio approves amended merger pact. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/14/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the approval by Il Fornaio America Corp. on the amended merger agreement with Manhattan Acquisition Corp. in California. Reasons for the approval by the board of directors; Factors behind the revision of the agreement; Comments from company executives on the merger.
- Dealwatch. Hoch, Jessica // Oregon Business Magazine;Sep2010, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p17
The article focuses on mergers and major deals among businesses in Oregon.
- BILL'S BUSINESS: briefly. // Chicago Weekend;2/16/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p4
The article offer news briefs in the U.S. related to business including the plan of Kindred Healthcare, a provider of acute care hospital and inpatient rehabilitation services, to buy rival RehabCare Group for about 900 million dollars and the deal between AOL Inc. and Huffington Post.
- Be wary of second guessing before closing. McShane, Peter K. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/30/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p21
Provides tips in negotiating a corporate buyout in the U.S. Clarification on the required down payment; Comprehension of the buyer on the terms and conditions of the bank loan; Requirement of non-refundable deposit.
- Effective Debriefings from a Government Perspective. Feldman, Steven W. // Contract Management;Jan2001, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p51
Describes the qualities of effective debriefings subject to U.S. Federal Acquisition Regulation rules. Evaluation of significant elements in the offeror's proposal; Summary of the rationale for the elimination of the offeror from the competition; Reasonable responses to relevant questions about...
- Deals around the state. Ruth, João-Pierre S. // njbiz;7/26/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p2
This section offers news briefs on deals in New Jersey, including the expansion of a distribution agreement between New Leaf Brands Inc. and Whole Foods Market, the hiring of former baseball players Al Lieter and Darren Daulton as spokesman for the Deborah Heart and Lung Center and Dynasil Corp....