I Don't Understand My Workplace Retirement Plan
- The Behavioral Economic Case for Paternalistic Workplace Retirement Plans. SECUNDA, PAUL M. // Indiana Law Journal;Winter2016, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p505
Dependence on 401 (k) retirement accounts continues to cause a massive retirement crisis in the United States by leaving most workers unprepared for retirement. The voluntary, inaccessible, employer-centered, expensive, and consumer-driven natures of these plans have combined to make retirement...
- HOW TO RETIRE IN YOUR FIFTIES AND STAY FLUSH. // Money;Sep2005, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p93
Offers advice on saving enough money to leave the working world before conventional retirement age. Value of withdrawing less money from your savings; How to decide which savings plan to withdraw money from; Ways to bridge the health-care gap; Pensions; Wisdom of following a systematic plan.
- South Africans eye mutual funds. Payne, Beatrix // Pensions & Investments;5/30/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p8
The article focuses on the South Africans eye mutual funds. South Africa's mutual fund market is ripe for growth and international competition as local consumers wake up to the comparatively high cost of insurance-backed retirement savings plans. Retirement policies backed by South African...
- Employers boost company 401(k) match, relax eligibility requirements. Davis, Andrea // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;11/1/2013, p1
The article reports increase in the number of employers matching their employee benefit plan to the employer-sponsored retirement savings plans 401(k), referring to relaxation of eligibility for employees to enter into the 401(k) plan and allowing pre-tax contribution by workers.
- Aviva scraps workplace savings plans. Macdonald, Sam // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/12/2013, p11
The article reports that the plans of additional workplace savings options to employee benefits platform Work:Life has been dropped by insurance company Aviva PLC due to spending priorities.
- Comments and Discussion. FELDSTEIN, MARTIN // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;Fall2014, p183
The article offers the author's comment on the article "Seesaws and Social Security Benefits Indexing" by Matthew Weinzierl. The author says that Weinzierl's article is an interesting paper about the indexing of Social Security retiree benefits by transforming the choice among price indexes into...
- Many Investors Focus on Wrong Performance Factors. Manganaro, John // Plan Advisor News;2015, p1
No way around it--new research from TIAA-CREF into the way U.S. retirement savers think about their investments is downright troubling.
- Clients Turning 55 in 2016? Here's What They Need to Know: Retirement Scan. // Financial-planning.com;12/21/2015, p1
People turning 55 next year will be considered senior citizens and can take advantage of penalty-free distributions from retirement savings plans as long as they meet certain requirements; Plus, how to plan your clients' retirement income to avoid taxes.
- Changing The Retirement Readiness Game. MASON, RICHARD T. // On Wall Street;Dec2012, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p49
The article discusses retirement readiness, which comes with a host of inter-dependent questions that individuals must address. It notes that working Americans must realize that successful retirement planning means more than just putting money away into a workplace savings plan. It states that...