How emerging market governments promote outward FDI: Experience from China
- Growth Potential. Smith, Kate // Best's Review;Nov2012, Vol. 113 Issue 7, p54
The article focuses on the growth potential of the middle-market countries such as Colombia, Peru and Chile for investments in South Africa, which are attracting foreign investors. It states that Bogota emerges as a center for investments and sheds its image as a center for narcotics...
- Will initiatives to improve transparency and attract foreign capital make the shunned BRIC any more appealing to buyers? MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the policy adopted by Brazil, Russia, India, and China (BRIC nations) to make foreign investments transparent and attractive enough to fetch buyers. Views of Laura Brank from Dechert LLP, on Russian initiatives for foreign investments are given. Steps taken by Russian...
- FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT: LESSONS FROM EMERGING MARKETS. MUKHERJEE, MALOBI // Retail Digest;Summer2012, p10
The article discusses debate in retail regulation focusing on whether to allow foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retailing in a calibrated manner. It notes that experiences of emerging countries like Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia that had a laissez-faire policy towards retail...
- Modelling EU FDI Deflection Between the New EU Member States and Chinese Provinces. Wei, Xiaojun; Andreosso-O'Callaghan, Bernadette // Intereconomics;May2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p163
The issue of regionalism and how it affects FDI allocation within and between regions has not yet been dealt with satisfactorily by the voluminous literature on FDI. The issue of FDI dispersion, or of how traditional recipients of FDI flows can be affected by rising competitive advantages in...
- BRIC Invite: Sign Of China's Africa Ambition. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Mar2011, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p3
The article offers views on why South Africa has been invited to join the Brazil, Russia, India, and China (BRIC) group, a group of leading emerging markets. It mentions that the country has been invited by China to join the group even it lacks the competitive advantage compared with other fast...
- Editor's Introduction. Kutan, Ali M. // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses various papers published within the issue, including one by Donald Lien and Mei Zhang on the survey of derivative markets in emerging economies and another by Jin-Shuei Luo and Chun-An Li on the link between market sentiment and stock market returns in an emerging market.
- Power Struggles In Latin America. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p9
Provides information on investment problems on power companies in Latin American emerging markets as of May 26, 2003. Incident which may derail the privatization program of President Alejandro Toledo in Peru; Failure of the Brazilian power distributor Eletropaulo to repay its debts; Possible...
- Foreign investments and the role they play in a portfolio. Fay, W. David // Inside Tucson Business;9/9/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p22
The article presents the author's insights on the importance of foreign investments in diversifying domestic equity portfolio as well as the differences between emerging and developed markets.
- Stay east, Young man. Marr, Julian // Money Marketing;2/3/2011, p45
In this article, the author offers insights on his investments at the emerging markets.