Colorado Charter School Issue: Most Popular in Its Class?
- NEW JERSEY: First QSCB Sale Gets Nod. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/16/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33217, p9
The article reports on the approval of the New Jersey Economic Development Authority of its first qualified school construction bond (QSCB) issue to North Star Academy Charter School in Newark, New Jersey. It states that the 19 million dollar bond will help pay the expansion of the school. It...
- Westlake, Tex., Issues Debt For Charter School of Its Own. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p1
Focuses on the plans of the city of Westlake, Texas for sale of its certificates of obligations to finance one of its chartered school. Ratings awarded to the certificates; Promise made by the city to support the certificates; Factors that gave recognition to the prospective sale.
- The false friends of charter schools. Vanourek, Gregg; Manno, Bruno V. // Education Week;04/30/97, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p60
Opinion. Examines the proposal of United States President Bill Clinton for funding of charter schools. Importance of charter schools; Strategies employed by opposers of charter schools; Increase in the number of charter schools in the United States; Constraints of the charter proposal of Clinton.
- Firms hoping to turn profit from charters. Schnaiberg, Lynn // Education Week;12/10/97, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the profitability of establishing charter schools in the United States. Support given by the government on charter schools; Debate on school privatization; Criticism on the participation of private companies in running private schools.
- Charter school funding. // American School Board Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p56
The article offers information on the "Adding Up the Spending" report regarding fiscal inequalities among charter schools in New York City, in which it shows that some well-endowed charters receive plenty of additional private funding while some charters receive almost no private donations.
- Testimony to the Michigan House Standing Committee on Education. Katz, Fern // Michigan Citizen;11/13/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, pA6
The author reflects on the regarding the plan to raise the cap on the number of charter schools in Michigan.
- Charter Schools: A New Option for Education...and Investors. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p16
Reports on the selling of municipal bonds to help fund charter schools. Efforts of newly created charter schools to find sources of money.
- Westlake, Tex., Moves Forward on New Charter School . Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p3
Reports on the approval of a proposal to issue certificates of obligation to finance the first charter school in Westlake, Texas. Estimated cost for financing the charter school; Necessity for the issue of certificates for bond funds; Measures and plans for the development of charter school.
- Under new budget, charter schools cash in. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;10/30/96, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p22
Makes observations concerning financial issues concerning charter schools in the United States. Support of efforts to establish independent public schools built around a set of academic goals; Cash flow problems of charter schools; Increase in federal charter school program funding.