Reborn Chelsea, Mass., Selling Bonds and Bans for Sewage, School Projects
- City frights. // U.S. News & World Report;9/23/91, Vol. 111 Issue 13, p17
Shows how Chelsea, Mass. has recently gone bust financially, and ponders whether or not it will be the last of the cities to go. Includes the figures of the number of municipal bankruptcies between 1980 and 1990, the percentage of cities that were spending more than they were making, and the...
- Chelsea Placed in Receivership; School Opening Delayed. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;9/18/1991, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the approval of the bill that place Chelsea, Massachusetts into receivership. The State legislature's decision came up after Governor William F. Weld has pushed for the receivership, under which a state-appointed official will have control over almost all of the city...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...
- Chelsea, Mass., returns to the market. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p6
Reports that the town of Chelsea, Massachusetts is planning to issue general obligation bonds on the third week of October 1997. Value of the bonds at stake; Comments from town officials.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p22
Presents bond calls and redemption results in the United States as of October 14, 1997. Issuers include the Huntsville Educational Building Authority in Alabama; Selma Hospital District in Sacramento, California; Rochester Hills in Michigan; Callers' names.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;10/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30251, p24
Presents bond sale results in the United States as of October 14, 1997. Issuers include the California Health Facilities Financing Authority; Porter County Juvenile Service Center Building Corp. in Indiana; Hudsonville Building Authority in Michigan; Value of issued funds.