Session Over, Okla. Lawmakers Await 'Texas Plan' Report
- Oklahoma Supreme Court gives green light to $300 million of highway debt. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/24/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30357, p36
Reports on Oklahoma Supreme Court's approval of Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority's issuance of lease-backed bonds for state highway improvements. Avoidance of potential court challenges at the deal's pricing; Validation of prison bonds.
- Oklahoma sees high demand for rare issues as Colorado buyers stick to stocks. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;05/12/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30391, p6
Focuses on the issuance of Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority's insured revenue bonds. Bond features that attracted investors; Deal structure; Other bond issues that resulted to the flood of bond supply in Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma Taxpayers Challenging $163 Million Issue. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/21/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30752, p5
Reports that Oklahoma taxpayers have asked the United States Supreme Court to declare illegal a 163 million dollar revenue bond issue in August 1999 by the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority. Alleged violation of the state's constitution because the bond was never put on the ballot;...
- Oklahoma Eyes November for Fixed-Rate Higher Ed Sale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p4
Reports that the officials from the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority planned to sell a fixed-rate portion of a higher education bond authorization approved by the state Legislature. Statement from Jim Joseph, adviser of the state bond, about the sale of the bonds in two series; Proceeds of...
- Lawsuit puts Oklahoma agency's bond plans on hold. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30550, p4
Reports on the postponement of Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority's bond plans as a result of a lawsuit filed by two taxpayers against the agency. Lawsuit's efforts to block the sale of $160 million of revenue bonds; Details of the case.
- After a long pause, Oklahoma to sell lease prison bonds. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;05/05/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30386, p31
Reports that the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority will issue $20.8 million of lease revenue bonds to finance construction of three 200-bed, medium-security correctional facilities in the state. Financial backing of the bonds by annual legislative appropriations for the Corrections...
- Oklahoma Agency Finalizes Team For $125 Million Higher-Ed Issue. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32218, p3
The article reports that the Oklahoma Capitol Improvement Authority has selected the final members of the financial team that will bring 125 million dollar of the 475 million in higher-education bonds authorized by the Legislature in 2005. The authority's board also set a 5 percent rate cap on...
- Oklahoma Agency to Complete Sale of $126M in Higher Ed Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/6/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32355, p6
The article reports that the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority has completed the sale of bonds for the state's higher education. The closure of the deal amounted to 125.7 million dollars inclusive of variable-rate state facilities revenue bond transaction priced in a negotiated sale. The...
- OKLAHOMA: Colleges Seek Debt Relief. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/22/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32862, p9
The article reports that officials from 25 state-supported colleges and universities are seeking a special legislative appropriation of $2.8 million to meet debt service requirements on bonds issued by the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority. The bonds were issued in 2005 on behalf of the...