Senate Confirms Weicher As New FHA Head
- Senate Finance Committee OKs Weicher to Head FHA, 19 to 1. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31147, p6
Reports on the United States Senate Finance Committee's vote recommending the chamber's approval of scholar John Weicher's nomination as head of the U.S. Federal Housing Administration. Legislator Charles Schumer's opposition against Weicher's nomination; Weicher's current position at the...
- Bush's Choice to Head Up the FHA Could Cause a Stir on Capitol Hill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31099, p6
Reports on the controversy concerning United States President George W. Bush's nomination of John C. Weicher to head the Federal Housing Administration. Housing lobbyists' support to Weicher's nomination; Reasons why some people oppose Weicher's nomination; Weicher's prominent role in Bush's...
- Colleague Says Criticism of FHA Pick, Former HUD Deputy, Unjustified. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p6
Reports on the statement issued by a bond market participant, according to which, a colleague of John C. Weicher, U.S. President George W. Bush's nominee is to head the Federal Housing Administration. Comparison of the nomination of Weicher with white-power advocate David Duke; Reaction of...
- New FHA Risk Post Goes to GSE Alum. // American Banker;10/27/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 195, p8
The article announces the appointment of Bob Ryan to the position of first senior risk officer at the U.S. Federal Housing Administration.
- FHA Joins Review Of Loan Servicers. Hopkins, Cheyenne // American Banker;10/20/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 161, p16
The article states that the U.S. Federal Housing Administration's Commissioner David Stevens announced the agency will participate in a review of loan servicers' foreclosure practices.
- After Reforming FHA, Stevens to Leave Next Month. Berry, Kate // American Banker;3/11/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F310, p3
The article discusses the accomplishments of executive David Stevens at the U.S. Federal Housing Administration (FHA), his career highlights, and why he is leaving the FHA in April 2011.
- Montgomery: FHA Can't Repeat Losses. Hopkins, Cheyenne // American Banker;6/10/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 111, p20
The article discusses a speech by Brian Montgomery, commissioner of the U.S. Federal Housing Administration (FHA), in which the solvency of the FHA is addressed. Montgomery addressed the FHA's reserves, unanticipated long-term losses due to the 2007-08 credit crisis and mitigating actions the...
- FEED BACK. // American Banker;8/5/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F330, p9
Letters to the editor are presented which are blog postings about the August 2, 2011 articles "Time to Get Away from Flat Pricing" by Andrew Kahr and "MBA Head Cozy with Banks While at the FHA," August 3rd article "QRM Blind to Life's Trade-offs," and August 1st's" Mobile May Be Louder But...
- FHA Urges Mortgage Forbearance During D.C. Shutdown. Berry, Kate // American Banker;10/15/2013, Vol. 178 Issue 158, p16
The article mentions an October 11, 2013 letter from U.S. Federal Housing Administration Commissioner Carol Galante asking mortgage lenders to postpone payments from those affected by the government shutdown and notes JPMorgan Chase bank said it will waive checking and saving account fees for them.