Moody's Reports on Alternative Financings by Hospitals
- Moody's gets real with ratings focus. Kirchheimer, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;07/05/99, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p46
Reports how bond-rating agency Moody's Investors Service changed the way it assessed credit profiles for not-for-profit health systems. Areas considered by Moody's when issuing bond ratings for not-for-profit hospitals; How the agency analyzes new mergers, new acquisitions or new affiliations.
- PENNSYLVANIA: West Penn Down Again. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p37
Reports on downgrade of ratings of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based West Penn Allegheny Health System by ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- Gloomy outlook in bond review. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;04/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p6
Reports that Moody's Investors Service forecasts bad times for the California health care market, based on a review of revenue-bond ratings. Deterioration of credit quality since 1992; Causes of high risk in the bond market; Market leverage of not-for-profit organizations.
- Moody's Downgrades California. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p1
Focuses on bond ratings of California that were downgraded by financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Multi-billion dollar revenue shortfall that has led to the downgrade; Significance of the ratings; Expectations of financial analysts regarding the state's deficits.
- Moody's Lowers Rapid City, S.D., Hospital. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p4
Focuses on the downgraded bond ratings of Rapid City Regional Hospital in South Dakota by the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Multi-million dollar outstanding debt that the downgrade affects; Multi-million dollar revenue bonds that the hospital system plans to sell in April, 2003;...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31656, p37
This article presents information about developments in securities industries in different states of the U.S. as of June 13, 2003. Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski appointed seven members to the Alaska Natural Gas Authority. The authority was created by a ballot initiative in November 2002 to...
- Lincoln, Neb., Gets Aaa From Moody's. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31657, p4
Moody's Investors Service Inc. upgraded Lincoln, Nebraska'a rating on $56.6 million of outstanding general obligation (GO) bonds to Aaa from Aa1 in the week preceding June 25, 2003. Standard & Poor's Corp. has had a AAA rating on the city's GO debt since 1978. Ameritas Investment Corp....
- District of Columbia's GOs Will Stay at Baal, Moody Says. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p4
Reports on absence of any significant changes in ratings of general obligation bonds of District of Columbia that are assigned by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Attribution of no changes in ratings of bonds to fiscal management and cash reserves of the district; Economy and tax...
- Cedars-Sinai Affirmed. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p35
Reports that debt rating agency, Moody's Investor Service has affirmed the A3 revenue bond rating for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center's, California, $750 million outstanding debt. Growth in revenue of the Los Angeles, California-based medical center.