West Virginia at Crossroads as Court Won't Hear Bond Suit
- Calif.'s Prop. 39 Squeaks By, But Players Are Skeptical of Impact. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/09/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31014, p1
Reports on the approval of Proposition 39 in California. Lowering of the voter threshold required to pass local school bonds; Expected increase in school bond issuance; Construction needs for California schools.
- SEC seeks comments on G-38 changes. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30741, p28
Reports that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission will seek public comments on proposed changes to the US Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-38.
- Hungary to apply for shelf registration for US bonds. // Hungary A.M.;
The article reports on the decision of Hungary to apply for a shelf registration in the U.S. to allow the country to release bonds until 2015.
- SEC's Haines Alerts NABL To Issues. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31132, p1
Reports on United States Securities and Exchange Commission's Martha Haines' call for bond lawyers to scrutinize disclosure information more carefully for high-risk deals. Haines' appeal to bond lawyers to ensure that issuers understand the importance of continuing disclosure agreements;...
- TBMA urges SEC not to create new regulatory regime. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30444, p4
Reports on The Bond Market Association's proposal that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission should regulate screen-based electronic trading systems through its current system rather than create a new regulatory regime. Implications for the municipal and other debt markets; SEC's...
- DOD waives bond requirements for DBE. Treiber, Donald // Business Credit;Feb1994, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p11
Discusses the Department of Defense (DOD) waiving of bond requirement for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE). Encouragement of examination of interim rule.
- New Cook County Team Clears Way for Its First Deal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/28/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33556, p8
The article reports that the Board of Commissioners in Cook County, Illinois has approved a master bond ordinance that allows the county to enter the bond market up to 425 million dollars of refunding bonds to balance the fiscal budget in 2011.
- GFOA adopts recommended practice for government issue of taxable debt. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;02/11/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30329, p4
Focuses on the Government Finance Officers Association's Committee on Governmental Debt and Fiscal Policy's adoption of recommended practice on issuing taxable debt. Features of the growing popularity of taxable bonds; Structural features that can provide long-term benefits for taxable bonds;...
- MSRB warns about issuers choosing underwriters' counsel. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/04/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30472, p5
Reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has warned bond issuers about selecting an underwriter's counsel. Issuers' need to disclose issuer-counsel relationship in the bond documents; Details of the MSRB's notice.