MSRB Issues Plan to Move To Real Time
- MSRB Reminds Dealers to Use Separate Forms for G-37, G-38 Submissions. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/12/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32236, p5
Reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has reminded dealers that they can no longer submit combined Forms G-37/G-38 containing political contributions and consultant disclosures to the board, including information for the calendar quarter that ended on September 30, 2005....
- Self-Regulatory Organizations; Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board; Order Granting Approval of a Proposed Rule Change To Amend Rule G-34 on CUSIP Numbers, New Issue, and Market Information Requirements. O'Neill, Kevin M. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;9/27/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 188, p59427
The article presents information on the proposed rule change filed by Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regarding a proposal to add a subsection to prohibit any broker, dealer or municipal securities dealer to use the term ''not...
- Changes in Pricing Policies. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31984, p1
Reports on the alteration of the pricing practices for municipal securities by the broker-dealer firms in Washington. Compliance to the guidance issued by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board; Allegation of pricing violations; Responsibility of the broker-dealers for ensuring retail...
- Next phase of MSRB pricing program begins. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;03/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30341, p4
Focuses on the start of the next phase of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) price transparency program in the United States on March 2, 1998. Need for dealers to send MSRB pricing and other information from their trades with institutional and retail customers; Concerns about...
- MSRB's Latest Audit Shows Slight Loss Offset by 'Cushion' From Prior Years. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p4
Reports on the financial status of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board for its fiscal year ending September 30, 2000. Decrease in net assets.
- SEC eases Rule G-32 filing deadlines. // Bond Buyer;07/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30438, p36
Focuses on United States Securities and Exchange Commission's approval of an amendment to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-32. Removal of any potential timing discrepancies concerning dealer and customer receipt of official statements.
- MSRB Abandons Effort to Ease Independence Standard for Board. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;10/8/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33992, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has withdrawn its proposal to amend its Rule A-3 that is related to govern how board members are appointed due to unexpected opposition.
- MSRB Files G-38 Changes. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/10/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32193, p1
Reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has filed an amendment with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that would make several modifications to its pending Rule G-38 on consultants. Prohibition of dealers from hiring anyone other than employees or affiliated...
- MSRB Issues Agenda For Disclosure Forum. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p5
Highlights the topics scheduled to be debated at the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's forum on disclosure in January 2000. Role of nationally recognized municipal securities information repositories; Extent to which dissemination of disclosure information is working in the United States.