- Minnesota Lawmakers Push to Close $2B Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p4
Discusses cuts suggested by Minnesota lawmakers to governor Jesse Ventura, in an effort to close a budget deficit faced by the state. Appeal of the governor to the state's lawmakers; State reserves that lawmakers and Ventura hope to tap; Level at which the state's reserve will be tapped.
- Minnesota Lawmakers Cool to Ventura's Budget Proposals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p4
Reports on Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's budget proposals. Capital bonding bill being pushed by Venture to the state legislature; Tax and legislative reforms passed during Ventura's tenure; State lawmakers' reactions to Ventura's proposals.
- The body unicameral. // State Government News;Sep99, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the search for a unicameral state legislature by Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura. Purpose of move by the Minnesotans for a Single-House Legislature.
- symposium. Ventura, Jesse // Insight on the News;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p40
Presents a debate over the proposition that states in the United States would be better off with unicameral legislative bodies. Views of Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura regarding the advantage of a unicameral legislative body; Benefits of a bicameral legislative body, according to scholar Bill...
- Minnesota Lawmakers Seek Blended Version of Bonding Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31348, p30
Reports the approval of a legislation on capital budget in Minnesota. Role of the bicameral conference committee; Conflict between Gov, Jesse Ventura and state legislators; Impact of the budget crisis in the state.
- Minnesota Budget Includes Tax Cut, $504 Million Bond Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p32
Reports on Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura's unveiling of a 27.3 billion dollar budget for fiscal year 2002-2003. Return of the bulk of a projected three-billion-dollar surplus to taxpayers through various tax relief measures; Details of Ventura's tax reform proposal; Plans for a 504-million...
- Minnesota Gov. Ventura to Release Budget Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p4
Focuses on Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura's plan to overcome the biennial budget deficit of 2002. Support of tax reductions to address budget deficits by Ventura; Belief of Democrats about the need for a tax increase; Expectations of debate on the reductions of funds in certain areas by Ventura.
- Focusing on the Basics. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31304, p1
Reports on a multimillion dollar capital budget unveiled by Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura. General obligation bonding of the budget; Criteria considered by Ventura for the choice of items on the list of projects for the budget; Plans of the state regarding the general obligation deals.
- Ventura Signs Ballpark Plan, Cuts Bond Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31394, p40
Reports on the approval of a financing package for Twins ballpark by Governor Jesse Ventura in Minnesota. Basis of the two-year capital budget; Reduction of budget of capital bonding bill; Sources of annual team payment.