Charter School Deal Pays the Price for California Credit Woes
- Cleveland Panel Recommends $380 Million School Issue. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p3
Reports that the School Facilities Commission is set to recommend asking Cleveland City School District residents to approve a 380-million-dollar bond issue to fix the city's aging public schools. Commission's presentation of its report to the Cleveland Board of Education on January 24, 2001;...
- Bond Proposed For Schools, Sewers. Payne, Scott // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/4/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p20
Reports on a proposal in the Michigan Senate to use bonds to address the problem of aging public schools in the state. Allocations for school infrastructure needs; Reasons of legislators for supporting the bond measure.
- Omaha public schools approaching $254 million deal for renovations. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;07/12/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30680, p3
Reports that the Omaha Public Schools are hoping to sell bonds for facilities renovation. Appointment of Ameritas Investment Corp. as financial adviser; Omaha school bond sales.
- Two Schools Seek Deals. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/27/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33256, p9
The article reports that Chippewa Valley Schools and Berkley Public Schools in Michigan are looking to borrow about 260 million dollars to finance capital projects.
- Investigation may postpone Detroit school bond offering. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;3/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30360, p1
Reports on the postponement of the sale of bonds by Detroit Public Schools as a result of an investigation by Michigan Treasurer Douglas Roberts whether the district recorded illegal arbitrage profits on the sale of bond issues in 1996. Possibility that tax-exempt status of the bonds might be...
- Detroit schools gets an image boost with approval of $210 million in debt. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;10/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30510, p1
Reports on Michigan's approval of a $210 million bond issue for Detroit Public Schools. Schedule of sale; Additional refunding planned by the district; Benefits to be obtained by the bond issue after it was included in the state's school bond program overseen by state Treasurer Douglas Roberts.
- Pontiac schools hope minibonds spark retail interest. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;07/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30679, p3
Focuses on the bond issue from the Pontiac Public Schools in Michigan. Structure of the deal among two minibond maturities; Expectations of investors' reaction to the issue.
- Chicago schools hope to save $5.5 million from escrow. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30383, p48
Reports on the possibility of the Chicago, Illinois school system's acquisition of $5.5 million by restructuring its 1992 bond defeasement. Production of $5.5 million present-value savings through transaction; Involvement of the $365 million bond issue sold by Chicago's Public School reform...
- Record-breaking referendum poised to end busing in Omaha. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;05/13/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30640, p8
Focuses on Omaha, Nebraska voters' approval of a school bond referendum on May 11, 1999. Chance for the city's public schools to end mandatory busing; Return to neighborhood schools; Local tradition of support for public education.