Little Rock District to Sell Largest School Issue in Arkansas History
- Michigan investors make most of three school bond offerings. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;07/30/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30198, p7
Focuses on strong investor interest in three school bond offerings in Michigan. Insured $66.6 million Northville Public Schools offering; $33.3 million Grandville Public Schools uninsured debt sale; Retail investors' reaction to the $82 million Troy School District deal; Sticker shock and yield...
- Louisiana College System Keeps Up Capital Work With $69M Sale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/11/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33365, p4
The article reports on the continuation of the Louisiana Community and Technical College System's capital improvements effort with negotiated proceeds of 68.7 million dollars of revenue bonds on August 23, 2010.
- Legislators Propose $1.5B Referendum for Detroit Schools. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p7
Reports on the proposed bond sales for the Detroit City School District by the lawmakers in Michigan. Support for the continuing capital improvements in the district; Education of voters about the capital needs of the school district; Consideration of the need for infrastructure development.
- OSU To Sell $741M. Devitt, Catlin // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/10/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 33, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Ohio State University in Columbus to sell 741 million dollars worth of school bonds. It notes that the proceed of the sale will be used to launch the 2 billion dollars capital expansion program of the university. It is also stated that the program, also...
- School Bonds Save. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/9/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33762, p7
The article informs that 27.8 million dollars for financing construction projects will be saved as a part of bond deal by the Tennessee State School Bond Authority.
- Colorado School District to Sell $95 Million of GOs to Keep Pace. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p36
Focuses on Colorado-based Adams County School District Number 12 officials' plan to issue general obligations bonds. Goal of taking advantage of a strong market for issuers; Part of a five-year capital improvement program designed to help the district keep pace with a rapidly growing student...
- Oakland Unified Schools Selling $100 Million Deal for Capital Improvements. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p5
Reports that the Oakland Unified School District of California is pricing general obligation bonds in a competitive sale on June 5, 2001. Plan to use the deal to fund various capital improvement projects; Rating received by the bonds from Moody's Investors Service.
- Arizona lawmakers consider ending school GO sales. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;03/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30355, p3
Focuses on the deliberation by the Arizona state legislature on a proposal to eliminate the ability of school districts to issue general obligation bonds to equalize capital spending among property-rich and property-poor school districts. Opposition from richer school districts; Provisions in...
- CALIFORNIA: Yolo to Vote on School GOs. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;8/3/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32684, p9
The article reports that Yolo County Board of Supervisors has approved the Measure S for placement of the general election ballot on August 2, 2007 in California. The initiative asks of a $59 million general obligation (GO) bond authorization in behalf of Washington Unified School District...