Bill to Give N.Y. Lawmakers More TBTA Oversight Lacks Senate Support
- Transportation financing act draws flak. // Refrigerated Transporter;Feb2002, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the opposition of four members of the U.S. House of Representatives to the approval of the 2002 transportation bill. Argument against the approval; Suggestion made by the congressmen.
- Seeking Middle Ground. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;6/21/99, Vol. 258 Issue 12, p15
Focuses on efforts of National Industrial Transportation president Ed Emmett and Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison to reauthorize the Surface Transportation Board (STB) in the United States. Compromise in railroad and customer conflicts; Possibility of a congressional intervention in keeping STB in...
- PCA APPLAUDS LIFE-CYCLE ANALYSIS PROVISIONS OF NEW SURFACE TRANSPORTATION BILL. // Concrete Products;Aug2012, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p6
A summary of a new surface transportation legislation signed into law by U.S. President Barak Obama on is presented.
- Senate Passes Transportation Funding Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31194, p6
Reports the Senate approval of transportation funding bill over the imposition of safety standards on the operation of Mexican trucks in the United States. Measurement of the bill; Terms of the legislation; Refusal of the Senate in the abandonment of the provision of bill; Increase funding for...
- Senate Action Puts Transportation Spending Bill on Surer Path. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31190, p5
Reports that the United States Senate has removed a roadblock that was delaying the passage of a 59.9 billion dollar spending bill for the nation's transportation programs. Safety standards for Mexican trucks entering the U.S.
- West Virginia eyes idling limits, tolls. // Overdrive;Mar2010, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p93
The article reports on the decision of West Virginia Legislature to consider bills that would limit truck and bus idling, allow tolling beyond the state turnpike and bring state commercial driver license laws into federal compliance.
- Special session transportation bill fails in House. Batheja, Aman; Luthra, Shefali // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);8/1/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the failure in passing a controversial transportation bill by 16 votes in the Texas House that aims to increase transportation funding.
- New 'Move Over or Slow Down' Law. HATFIELD, JR., CHARLES D. // Ellis County Press;9/12/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p10
The article offers information on the new Move Over or Slow Down law which took effect on September 1, 2013 in Texas that protects the roadside workers, emergency responders and tow truck operators who routinely work in dangerous conditions along the highways in Texas.
- State's 10-year road plan: Important, yet `invisible'. Cook, Bradford E. // New Hampshire Business Review;03/10/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the House Bill 2000, a bill relative to a 10-year transportation plan by New Hampshire state government. Efforts of the state government to place the bill on the list of legislation; Determination of the priorities involved in the project; Scope and content of House Bill 2000.