Time for better management
- Haringey under fire over foster care fees limits. Vaudrey, Stephen // Community Care;2/18/2010, Issue 1806, p8
The article reports that due to the new policy on fees for fostering services of Haringey Council, London, England, it has come under fire from fostering providers.
- 'One in, one out'? Ingley, Germaine; Earley, Louise // Adoption & Fostering;Autumn2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p73
Practitioners in a specialist service for looked after children and their carers have indicated a tendency for children to be placed in households where there are multiple foster children. This has led to concern that previously settled children's placements were disrupting following the...
- How we are improving... Outcomes for adopted and fostered children. // Children & Young People Now;10/1/2009, p25
The article offers information on the outcomes of the adoption and fostering services at the Adolescent and Children's Trust (Tact) in Great Britain. It mentions that 82% of the young people at Tact have attended college and the cases of exclusions from schools have dropped to 15% in 2009 from...
- Adoption by Foster Parents. Neely, Albert J. // Child Welfare;Mar1969, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p163
The article reports that the Children's Division of the Department of Public Welfare of Cook County, Illinois has completed adoptions for 92 children during the calendar year of 1967. The completion is considered a major accomplishment for the Children's Division, as these children are among...
- NOTA BENE. // Child Welfare;Nov79, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p617
The article offers news briefs related to child care in the U.S. A Model State Adoption Payments System was developed by the New York State Department of Social Service which aims to facilitate the delivery of adoption services in the area. A report from the National Commission on Children in...
- St. Vincent shifts focus to keeping families intact. Begin, Sherri // Crain's Detroit Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p24
The article reports on the plan of St. Vincent & Sarah Fisher Center to offer services in order to prevent children and families from needing the foster-care and adoption services that is being provided by the center. In addition to its programs for teen parents, the center will add services for...
- Heart Gallery adoption event debuts in Fort Worth. West, Cara // Fort Worth Business Press;5/9/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p8
Reports that the Heart Gallery adoption event will debut in Fort Worth, Texas in May 2005. Organizations which will collaborate to sponsor the occasion; Percentage of children in the foster homes of Lena Pope Home who are available for adoption; Background of the Heart Gallery.
- Lack of matches for adoption register. // Community Care;5/29/2003, Issue 1474, p6
Reports on the shortcoming of Great Britain's National Adoption Register in matching prospective parents with children for adoption in its first full year. Success rate of matching involved in the adoption process; Annual budget of the register; Comments from Ruth Fasht of the charity Norwood.
- Groundswell Change in Adoption Requires Anchoring by Research. Reitz, Miriam // Child & Adolescent Social Work Journal;Oct99, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p327
The article discusses the issue that groundswell change in adoption requires anchoring by research. It discusses groundswell of change affecting all aspects of adoption in eight areas: purpose, meaning, sealed versus accessible birth records, open adoption of infants, trans-racial and...