Hip-Preserving Surgery: Understanding Complex Pathomorphology
- Method for the location of primary wear scars from retrieved metal on metal hip replacements. Garima Govind; Henckel, Johann; Hothi, Harry; Sabah, Shiraz; Skinner, John; Hart, Alister // BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders;Jul2015, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Background: Retrieved metal-on-metal acetabular cups are valuable resources in investigating the wear behaviour of failed hip implants, but adequate methods to do so are lacking. To further contribute to addressing this issue, we developed a method to detect the in vivo location of the primary...
- Three-dimensional imaging technology offers promise in medicine. Karako, Kenji; Qiong Wu; Gao, Jianjun // Drug Discoveries & Therapeutics;Apr2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p96
Medical imaging plays an increasingly important role in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Currently, medical equipment mainly has two-dimensional (2D) imaging systems. Although this conventional imaging largely satisfies clinical requirements, it cannot depict pathologic changes in 3...
- Erratum to: Use of EOS imaging for the assessment of scoliosis deformities: application to postoperative 3D quantitative analysis of the trunk. Ilharreborde, Brice; Dubousset, Jean; Huec, Jean-Charles // European Spine Journal;Jul2014 Supplement, Vol. 23, p468
A correction to the article regarding the assessment of scoliosis deformities through EOS imaging and its application to postoperative three-dimensional (3D) quantitative analysis of the trunk by Brice Ilharreborde and colleagues is presented.
- X-Ray Image Improvement by Filtering of Scattered Radiation. Blinov, A.; Blinov, N. // Biomedical Engineering;Jan2014, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p235
The adverse effect of X-ray scattering on X-ray image as a result of variation of exposure is discussed. A method for elimination of this effect is suggested. The method is shown to be more effective than X-ray tube raster.
- CASE #3: Proximal fixation -- Mid-60s woman with previous hip surgeries and knee revision on the same side. Politi, Joel R. // Orthopedics Today;Nov2013 Supplement, p6
The article presents a case study of woman with total hip arthroplasty who was presented with hip and thigh pain.
- EMAGEON UNVEILS IMAGING GRAPHIC CARDS WITH OPENGL SUPPORTS. // Computer Workstations;Jul2005, p3
The article reports on the enhancement of its advanced visualization software by Emageon Inc. allowing radiologists and treating physicians to better use volume rendering and three-dimensional navigation in one native, integrated, open-standards package This improvement means physicians can...
- 3-D From ImagingÂ³. Kleinberg, J. I. // Equities;Fall2006, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p60
The article discusses the new imaging system from Imaging3, Inc., which will give the surgeon a real-time, three-dimensional view on patient imagery. Imaging3 is the world's largest remanufacturer of C-arms as well as in the U.S. The new imaging technology, Dominion, is a compact, portable...
- Assessment of Left Ventricular Function in Cardiac MSCT Imaging by a 4D Hierarchical Surface-Volume Matching Process. Garreau, Mireille; Simon, Antoine; Boulmier, Dominique; Coatrieux, Jean-Louis; Le Breton, Herv� // International Journal of Biomedical Imaging;2006, p1
Multislice computed tomography (MSCT) scanners offer new perspectives for cardiac kinetics evaluation with 4D dynamic sequences of high contrast and spatiotemporal resolutions. A new method is proposed for cardiac motion extraction in multislice CT. Based on a 4D hierarchical surface-volume...
- Extending Three-Dimensional Weighted Cone Beam Filtered Backprojection (CB-FBP) Algorithm for Image Reconstruction in Volumetric CT at Low Helical Pitches. Xiangyang Tang; Jiang Hsieh; Nilsen, Roy A.; McOlash, Scott M. // International Journal of Biomedical Imaging;2006, p1
A three-dimensional (3D) weighted helical cone beam filtered backprojection (CB-FBP) algorithm (namely, original 3D weighted helical CB-FBP algorithm) has already been proposed to reconstruct images from the projection data acquired along a helical trajectory in angular ranges up to [0, 2p]....