Preoperative Evaluation to Determine Candidates for Metal-on-Metal Hip Resurfacing
- US FDA panel meets to answer agency's questions about metal-on-metal hip systems. Press, Robert; Houck, Kristine // Orthopaedics Today Europe;2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the meeting held by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Devices Panel on June 27 and 28, 2012 to address questions on the use of metal-on-metal hip systems.
- FDA Says Metal Hip Replacements Are Faulty. Pennington, Tim // Products Finishing;Nov2011, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the statement of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding the complications of the metal hip replacements that may be shedding tiny particles of chromium and cobalt coatings.
- First ceramic-on-metal hip implant to hit the U.S.? // Machine Design;2/4/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p32
The article reports on the recommendation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to approve a ceramic-on-metal hip replacement from Depuy Orthopaedics.
- FDA Issues Safety Communication on MoM Devices. // AAOS Now;Feb2013, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p8
The article informs that a new safety communication has been issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for orthopaedic surgeons, healthcare providers and patients considering a metal-on-metal (MoM) hip implant.
- Product Briefs. // Biomedical Business & Technology;Mar2011, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p24
The article reports on the announcement of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) clearance obtained by Stryker's Orthopedics Division for its MDM X3 Modular Dual Mobility Mobile Bearing Hip System in 2011.
- US regulator seeks advice on risks of metal-on-metal hip implants. Cohen, Deborah // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;4/7/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7851, p1
The article focuses on the statement from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration which seeks expert opinions on the benefits and risks of metal-on-metal hips as an answer to a letter from Wisconsin Democrat Senator Herb Kohl.
- FDA Panel Examines MoM Hip Devices. SALE, KATHERINE; PORUCZNIK, MARY ANN // AAOS Now;Sep2013, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Orthopaedic and Rehabilitative Devices Panel (ORDP) have considered expert opinion on the risks and benefits related to the metal-on-metal (MoM) hip replacement and resurfacing devices. The open public hearing featured...
- A New Hip May Mean a New Life Free of Pain. // Cleveland Clinic Men's Health Advisor;Mar2012, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p3
The article offers information on the importance of knowing the risks and benefits of hip replacement. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) raised concerns on particular metal-on-metal hip implants, and its study showed that no certain type of hip replacement is more effective than the...
- J&J discloses government probes of hips, surgical mesh (U.S.). // Operating Theatre Journal;Mar2013, Issue 270, p3
The article reports investigation by the Federal Prosecutors, U.S who reviewed the marketing of Johnson and Johnson's ASR XL hip replacement system. According to official reports more than 90,000 of systems were recalled in the U.S. and the other countries for causing pain and difficulty in...