Balloon Kyphoplasty Was Effective and Safe for Vertebral Compression Fractures Compared with Nonsurgical Care
- Vertebroplasty for vertebral fracture. Wilson, David J. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;7/16/2011, Vol. 343 Issue 7815, p104
No abstract available.
- Factor tipo Â«burstÂ» de columna toracolumbar, fijaciÃ³n con tornillo. Jiménez-Ávila, J. M.; Ortiz-García, V.; Ortiz-Soto, R. // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;May/Jun2013, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p170
Introduction: The intermediate screw in a fractured vertebra works as a pressure point with an anterior vector thus creating a lordotic force that corrects kyphosis, provides appropriate three-point fixation and decreases the lever effect. Objective: To describe the course of non-pathologic...
- Thoracolumbar burst fractures without neurological deficit: the role for conservative treatment. Rajasekaran, S. // European Spine Journal;Mar2010 Supplement 1, Vol. 19, p40
Burst fractures are common in the thoracolumbar junction and account for 17% of all major spinal fractures. There is a considerable controversy on the efficacy of conservative treatment and the need for surgical intervention. Need for additional stability, prevention of neurological...
- Thromboprophylaxis in traumatic and elective spinal surgery: analysis of questionnaire response and current practice of spine trauma surgeons. // Advances in Orthopaedics;Sep2010, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p128
In this study, the Spinal Trauma Study G roup conducted a survey among neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons in order to describe current practice in spinal surgery and provide the basis for a consensus protocol.
- Traumatologie der WirbelsÃ¤ule. C.W. Müller; T. Hüfner; T. Gösling; C. Krettek // Der Chirurg;Oct2008, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p918
ZusammenfassungÂ Â WirbelsÃ¤ulenverletzungen stellen eine besonders lebens- und lebensqualitÃ¤tsbedrohende Unfallfolge dar. Insbesondere bei Verletzungen der HalswirbelsÃ¤ule sind SchÃ¤den des Myelons bis hin zum kompletten Querschnitt nicht selten. Eine grÃ¼ndliche Diagnostik, die...
- Percutaneous Vertebroplasty: A New Serial Injection Technique to Minimize Cement Leak. Elnoamany, Hossam // Asian Spine Journal;2015, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p855
Study Design: This is a prospective cohort study. Purpose: This study discusses a new technique for injecting cement in the affected vertebrae. Overview of Literature: Since introduction of vertebroplasty to clinical practice, the cement leak is considered the most frequent and hazardous...
- SRS database finds 8.5% complication rate following pediatric spine surgery. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Nov2010, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p22
The article reports on the 8.5% complication rate after the pediatric spine surgery in the U.S.
- Posterior column resection effective for certain spinal injuries, deformities. Dimarcantonio, Tina // Orthopaedics Today Europe;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on a study which examined the safety and efficacy of posterior column resection for spinal injuries and deformities.
- Can Coverage Be Rescinded When Negative Trial Results Threaten A Popular Procedure? The Ongoing Saga Of Vertebroplasty. Wulff, Katharine Cooper; Miller, Franklin G.; Pearson, Steven D. // Health Affairs;Dec2011, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p2269
To attain the anticipated benefits of increased investments in comparative effectiveness research, the results must translate into improved medical practice and policy. In this article we present an analysis of a case study of percutaneous vertebroplasty, a widely used invasive procedure to...