On Rise and Decline
- Orthotic Therapy in Tough Economic Times. Huppin, Lawrence // Podiatry Management;Sep2009, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p103
The article recommends approaches for presenting orthotic therapy and devices to patients during a period of recession. It suggests the need to explain the beneficial effects of orthotic pressure on patient's feet, particularly to those with metatarsalgia or plantar fasciitis, according to their...
- Innovation in the Face of the Economic Recession. Cohn, Kenneth H.; Newbold, Philip A. // Journal of Healthcare Management;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p361
The article discusses the role played by innovation in the quality of health care and in diagnosing and treating human illness despite the impact of recession in the U.S. It cites the innovation in the Memorial Hospital and Health System towards research and development policy integrated in the...
- From the Editor. Crow, Robert Thomas // Business Economics;Jul2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p145
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by JÃ¼rgen Stark on imbalances as the cause of the global financial crisis, one by Charles L. Evans on unemployment and one by Brian Sack on the challenges that should be managed by the U.S. Federal Reserve for...
- Thru-Hiking the Recession. Ehrlich, Nathan // Backpacker;Mar2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p58
The article focuses on the idea of unemployed hikers to make most of their time thru-hiking in the face of the recession.
- Hotel sale prices plummet as recession batters market. Duggan, Daniel // Crain's Detroit Business;8/30/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p21
The article reports on the effects of recession on hotels in Detroit, Michigan which is manifested in their very low sale prices, occupancy and revenues per available room.
- Numbers now back up the "staycation" phenomenon. Yesawich, Peter C. // Hotel & Motel Management;6/1/2010, Vol. 225 Issue 6, p25
The reports on the results of the research conducted by "Hotel & Motel Management" on the performance of the staycation phenomenon, a new form of leisure travel, during recession in the U.S.
- The Boston Globe. // Hill;10/16/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 120, p32
The author reflects on the role played by the Consumer Financial Protection Agency in developing effective strategies to prevent the development of the financial crisis in the U.S.
- REGIONAL DESIGN ANNUAL 2009. Gordon, Emily // Print;Dec2009, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p35
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses the articles on winners of the 2009 Regional Design Annual contest, profiles of winning artists, and the impact of current slowdown on the designers and their works.
- Introduction: the global financial crisis. Blankenburg, Stephanie; Palma, José Gabriel // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Jul2009, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p531
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including an article on the causes of the ongoing financial crisis and another on different pre-crisis developments.