Comparison of Two Intraoperative Assessment Methods for Injuries to the Ankle Syndesmosis: A Cadaveric Study
- Risk Factors for Fractures of the Wrist, Shoulder and Ankle: The Blue Mountains Eye Study. Ivers, R. Q.; Cumming, R. G.; Mitchell, P.; Peduto, A. J. // Osteoporosis International;Jun2002, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p513
: Few studies have examined risk factors for fractures of the wrist, shoulder or ankle. The Blue Mountains Eye Study is a population-based longitudinal study in 3654 people aged 49 years or older resident in an area west of Sydney, Australia. Detailed eye examinations and interviews were carried...
- MANAGING PERIOPERATIVE RISK. Sharvill, Rory J. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;10/29/2011, Vol. 343 Issue 7829, p861
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Managing Perioperative Risk in Patients Undergoing Elective Noncardiac Surgery," by R. M. Pearse and colleagues in the October 5, 2011 issue.
- Quantification of bone strength by intraoperative torque measurement: a technical note. Suhm, Norbert; Haenni, Markus; Schwyn, Ronald; Hirschmann, Michael; Müller, Andreas Marc // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Jun2008, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p613
Bone strength describes the resistance of bone against mechanical failure. Bone strength depends on both the amount of bone and the boneâ€™s quality, and the bone strength may be looked upon as a relevant parameter to judge an osteosynthesisâ€™ stability. Information about bone...
- The mehta lower limb elevator. Chatterij, S.; Sultan, J.; Finlayson, G.; Mehta, J. // Muscles, Ligaments & Tendons Journal (MLTJ);2012 Supplement, p37
Background: foot and ankle surgery often requires the use of intra-operative radiography. To ascertain three-dimensional positions of screws and bony fragments, multiple views are needed, with at least two orthogonal views - usually anteroposterior (AP) and lateral. AP views are achievable...
- Commonly Asked Foot and Ankle Coding Que. LeGrand, Mary // AAOS Now;Aug2012, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p28
The article presents questions and answers related to ankle and foot coding que including fracture of the metatarsal bones, osteochondritis dissecans surgery and pilon fracture temporizing management.
- Study suggests basing SE4 ankle fracture treatment on size of medial clear space. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p62
The article reports on the recommendation of a study that orthopedists should consider the amount of medial clear space and fracture location in deciding whether to cast or perform surgery patients with stress positive supination-external rotation (SE) type 4 ankle fractures.
- Arthroscopy, absorbable implants, computers to aid ankle fracture care. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p72
The article reports that technological advancements can be utilized in the future to improve ankle fracture management. According to doctor Shepard R. Hurwitz, arthroscopic techniques, locking plates, bioabsorbable screws and plates and computer assistance will aid orthopedists in managing...
- The versatile reverse flow sural artery neurocutaneous flap: A case series and review of literature. Ahmed, Syed Kamran; Keung Fung, Boris Kwok; Wing Yuk Ip; Fok, Margaret; Shew Ping Chow // Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Research;2008, Vol. 3, Special section p1
Background: Reverse flow sural neurocutaneous flap has been utilized more frequently during the past decade to cover vital structures around the foot and ankle area. The potential advantages are the relatively constant blood supply, ease of elevation and preservation of major vascular trunks in...
- The Modular Universal Tumour And Revision System (MUTARSÂ®) in endoprosthetic revision surgery. Gebert, Carsten; Wessling, Martin; Götze, Christian; Gosheger, Georg; Hardes, Jendrik // International Orthopaedics;Dec2010, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p1261
The aim of this study was to present the clinical and functional results of revision surgery after failed hip endoprostheses using the Modular Universal Tumour And Revision System (MUTARSÂ®). Functional results of the hip endoprostheses were recorded by applying the Harris hip score. The...