- Skopos in Shadowlands. // Cabinet Maker;10/13/2000, Issue 5209, p4
Reports on furnishing fabric firm Skopos Design's launch of the Shadowlands--Chapter IX range of upholstery, curtain and bedspread fabrics.
- Skopos adds to Accents. // Cabinet Maker;8/23/2002, Issue 5301, p2
Features the fabric collections launched by British upholstery maker. Skopos Design.
- News in brief. // Cabinet Maker;12/18/98, Issue 5119, p4
Reports on developments concerning the furniture industry in Great Britain as of December 18, 1998. Includes Maitlands' sale of its Turriff, Scotland store to Celebrations; Skopos Design's opening of a studio in London, England; Midas Collection's relocation to Dundee, Scotland.
- The fabric of my life, in three piles. Bird, Peggy // Christian Science Monitor;6/11/97, Vol. 89 Issue 137, p16
Focuses on the task of sorting cloths by fabric. Information on cotton fabrics; Description of the different tasks invovled in sorting of clothes.
- Hot/cold threads. West, A.C. // Popular Science;Feb88, Vol. 232 Issue 2, p73
Polytherm is a chemically treated fabric that warms you when it's cold and cools you when it's hot. The key to Polytherm is a chemical called polyethylene glycol (PEG) that is attached to the fibers in the fabric. Discusses research and possible applications for Polytherm clothing.
- Improvement is widespread. // Textile World;May94, Vol. 144 Issue 5, p19
Reports on the improvement of quality and demand in other fabrics such warp knits, denims and wrinkle-resistant fabrics.
- WR fabrics add to overall market optimism. // Textile World;Jun94, Vol. 144 Issue 6, p19
Reports on the popularity of wrinkle-resistant (WR) fabrics. Projected trend in the WR fabric.
- Electrifying Opportunities. Seyam, Abdelfattah M. // Textile World;Feb2003, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on the influence of the continued development of woven fabric technology on electrotextile growth in the U.S. Use of woven fabrics in civilian and military applications; Production of polymeric yarns; Factors considered in forming woven circuits.
- Sales on rise, but profits stall. Chirls, Stuart // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/11/96, Vol. 171 Issue 113, p12
Reports on the sales of textile fabrics in the United States. Effects of price pressures; New fabric products; Projected sales; Performance of higher-priced fabrics.