Slow going for dining market
- Wood casual dining takes bigger share of pie. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p8
Focuses on the growth of wood casual dining furniture's share of the overall dining furniture business. Factors driving the demand for wood casual dining furniture; Dining furniture in dark, formalized Normandy finish from APA Marketing; Canadel's pioneering of a trend toward single versus...
- Extendible tables expand category. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;02/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p9
Focuses on the idea of casual dining in Montebello, California. Variations in the range of casual dining sets; Introduction of extendible tables by the manufacturer Pastel; Sophistication in design sought by consumers.
- Move into the kitchen. Pulling, Jenny // Cabinet Maker;06/11/99, Issue 5141, p14
Describes dining room furniture for people with busy lifestyles in Great Britain. Kinds of materials used; Colors; Finishing; Accessories.
- New La Joya range pairs pine and marble. // Cabinet Maker;8/3/2001, Issue 5249, p2
Reports on the launch of La Talavera range of furniture by La Joya. Features of the range; Design of the product; Kinds of furniture available.
- In focus. // Cabinet Maker;11/23/2001, Issue 5264, p12
Focuses on dining furniture. Diversity of the market for dining furniture; Appeal of cabinet manufacturers for dining furniture; Hope for the comeback of formal dining.
- Continental drift. Pridham, Elspeth // Cabinet Maker;5/31/2002, Issue 5289, p17
Explores the sale of dining room furniture in Great Britain. Changes to the eating habits of British families; Purchase of dining room furniture for other rooms in a house; Preference of customers to wood finishes and the number of seats.
- Eating in. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;06/12/98, Issue 5092, p13
Details the growth of casual dining room furniture makers in Great Britain. Changes in the eating habits of British; Increase in the demand for casual furniture; Description of several casual furniture released by the companies.
- PFD chooses Taliesin group from Emerald. // Furniture/Today;01/15/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p42
Reports the selection of Taliesin dining room collection as furnishings for Emerald Home Furnishings stores in the United States.
- Casual dining vendors adjusting strategies. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;4/1/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p170
Reports on dining room furniture manufacturers' strategies to offer lines for both the dining room and the kitchen. Smaller space allotted for the table and chairs, a move that makes large dining sets impractical.