Safe shopping--a price worth paying
- OFT welcomes Sussex crime initiative. // Credit Management;Mar2000, p11
Reports on Great Britain's Office of Fair Trading's launch of an initiative to protect consumers from car clockers, one day sales organizers and sellers of stolen and counterfeit goods in Europe. Provision of an anonymous phone line that provides information and warnings to consumers regarding...
- New: BMF retail terms Et conditions. // Builders Merchants Journal;Sep2009, p42
The article reports on the launch of the new Retail Terms and Conditions from Builders Merchant Federation for members trading with consumers in Great Britain. It mentions that imposing new significant and enforceable terms is tricky with the imposition of the new consumer protection...
- OFT Launches Market Study Of Internet Shopping. // Database & Network Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the British Office of Fair Trading's launch of a fact-finding study into online shopping. The study will explore consumer confidence in electronic commerce and whether the current consumer protection regime meets any new challenges raised by this mode of selling. It will...
- The OFT should stop interfering in deals. Lawson, Robert // Grocer;10/13/2012, p20
The author talks about the interference of the British Office of Fair Trade (OFT) in the retail sector in Great Britain.
- Towards More Effective Consumer Market- Place Interventions -- Model for the Improvement of O.F.T. Codes of Practice. Richardson, William; Morris, David // Journal of Consumer Policy;1988, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p315
Examines a model for the improvement of Great Britain's Office of Fair Trading Codes of Practice towards more effective consumer market-place interventions. Encouragement of trade associations to prepare and disseminate codes of practice for the enhancement of trading practices; Development of...
- Safe shopping: 'trade must act before OFT does' Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;06/01/2001, Issue 5240, p1
Presents resolutions formulated during the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) Qualitas meeting in Great Britain. Demand for the protection of consumer payments by retailers from the agency; Plans to examine purchase contracts; List of retailers attending the event.
- U.K. Regulator Seeking Clearer Issuer Disclosures. Lee, W.A. // American Banker;3/24/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 57, p7
The British government is taking a close look at certain credit card industry practices and proposing reforms that are familiar to U.S. issuers. Last week the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), Great Britain's chief consumer protection and competition regulator issued two studies on card companies'...
- OFT criticises champion role for CPMA. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing;12/9/2010, p17
The article reports on the criticism of the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) at the plans of the government in forming the Consumer Protection and Markets Authority as consumer champion in Great Britain.
- PPI firms defend product. Toner, Christine // Mortgage Strategy;8/14/2006, p15
The article reports that companies in the payment protection insurance (PPI) market have defended the sector against the report issued by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) in Great Britain following a complaint from Citizens Advice. The report details various problems in the sector including poor...