Get your team on target for charity day
- Wolfgang Puck serves up etiquette for students. Crom, Meggin // Las Vegas Business Press;6/16/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p10
Reports on several fund raising and charitable events in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2003. Details about a multi course, gourmet meal for students from Charles I. West Middle School to teach lessons on etiquette basics; Annual Celebrity Walter Dinner fundraiser by the Junior League of Las Vegas;...
- Local credit union uses Intranet to raise $6,200 for charity. // Las Vegas Business Press;04/24/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p25
Presents news items concerning charitable activities in Las Vegas, Nevada as of April 24, 2000. Fund raising campaign of Community One Federal Credit Union for United Way; Donation received by the Henderson Commemorative Beautification Commission from LandWell Co.; Staging of the 7th annual...
- Deadbeats and broken promises: when pledge drives stall. Pandolfi, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the failure of nonprofit and charitable institutions to generate pledges due to delinquent donations. Use of public relations to entice donations; Awareness over funding shortages; How to ensure fulfillment rates during pledges.
- Gala raises $7,500 for Philadelphia-area charities. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p26
Reports on the April 4, 2001, charity dinner gala for the benefit of Saint Barnabas Mission, Project H.O.M.E. and The Farmer's Market Trust in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Participation of international vocalist, Patti LaBelle; Holding of the event at the Bluzette restaurant operated by soul...
- YOUR IDEAS WANTED! // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Apr2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p13
The article calls for sharing suggestions on fundraising tips including, soliciting grants, planning events and experience of running charitable development programs.
- The Answer Could Be in Your Driveway. O'Steen Jr., David N. // National Right to Life News;May2007, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p1
The article calls readers to participate in the Autos for Life program sponsored by the National Right to Life Educational Trust Fund.
- GM Foundation pledges $8.5 million. // Automotive News;4/19/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5495, p34
Reports on General Motors Foundation's pledge to the University of Michigan's one-billion-dollar Campaign for Michigan. Earmarking of pledged money.
- PHILANTHROPY. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;1/10/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 25, p9
The article offers news briefs relating to philanthropy in Salt Lake City, Utah as of January 10, 2011, including the fundraising held by employees and retirees at Questar for United Way of Salt Lake, the fundraising event Lawyers & Court Personnel Food & Winter Clothing Drive for the benefit of...
- Western Growers Seek Donations to Create School Gardens. // Association Management;May2003, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p24
Reports on the fundraising campaign of the Western Growers Charitable Foundation in Irvine, California. Effort to create school gardens; Promotion of the link between nutrition and food production; Partnership with state agencies and associations to fight the problem of childhood obesity.
- Hospice of Mich. ends year with new HQ, small surplus. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;10/8/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p26
Focuses on the fund-raising operations of Hospice of Michigan. Effect of the September 2001 United States terrorism on the organization; Services offered by Hospice; Difficulties faced by the organization for the year 2001.