Weather dictates Bank Holiday sales
- Tidbits offer us insight into industry's future. // Furniture/Today;2/27/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p19
The author discusses several things that can affect the furniture industry. The author mentions "The Me Store," which is an idea that the store will find its customers. It adds that the said idea will be undertaken by having a website where individuals can list the things they would buy and...
- Parker Knoll stoppage. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;12/10/2005, Issue 5418, p3
Reports on failure of several retailers to fulfill customers' orders of Parker Knoll Classic upholstery in Europe. Impetus behind the inability of retailers to serve customers; Details on problems faced by retailers; Efforts of retailers to find alternatives for meeting customers' demand.
- The bells are ringing. Moore, Rebecca // Cabinet Maker;8/27/2004, Issue 5403, p23
Reports on the popularity of sleigh beds among furniture shoppers. History of sleigh beds; Design features of the beds; Reasons behind the renewed interest of shoppers in sleigh beds; Companies that manufacture sleigh beds; Average cost of sleigh beds.
- Home results strong despite retail drop. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p17
Focuses on the retail industry in the U.S. Decline in car sales; Performance of the furniture and home furnishings sector; Gain achieved by department stores.
- Understanding perception of wood household furniture: application of a policy capturing approach. Brinberg, David; Bumgardner, Matthew; Daniloski, Kim // Forest Products Journal;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 57 Issue 7/8, p21
Consumer and retailer perceptions of wood household furniture were modeled using a policy capturing approach. A sample of consumers and retailers evaluated four pictures of wood furniture on eight visual cues deemed representative of the furniture purchasing environment. These cues were then...
- Furniture Buying Trip Is A Disappointing Sales Exercise. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/14/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p27
Presents an article on an experience of being ignored by salespersons in several furniture stores. Conversation with a salesperson at the fourth store visited; Advice to salespersons on the accommodation of customers; Views toward furniture buying after the experience.
- Showtime earns high marks. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;12/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p1
The article reports that the Winter Showtime 2006 has earned high marks from exhibitors and buyers. The display, with its 24th edition of the twice-a-year fabric show, featured a broader format of furniture-focused event that attracts buyers from wholesalers and retailers to recreational vehicle...
- Pay attention to the oldies and good times may return. // Cabinet Maker;3/26/2004, Issue 5381, p6
Reveals the spending power of old couples in Great Britain. Sale of three-bedroom homes to purchase estate-type house; Purchase of traditional style furniture; Advice to retailers.
- Top 100's sales jump 7.6% in 2004. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;5/23/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p46
Reports on the sales performance of the largest furniture stores in the U.S. for the fiscal 2004. Factors that contribute to the increased sale in furniture, bedding and accessories; Percentage of growth in sale; Total revenue generated by the industry.