Bluetooth's Big Moment
- It's a long and winding wireless road. Bethoney, Herb // PC Week;04/17/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p68
Discusses the prospects of the IEEE 802.11b protocol for wireless local area networks. Licensing of the 2.4 GHz band used by the technology; Competing standards such as OpenAir and Home RF; Threat posed by the Bluetooth technology.
- keeping Bluetooth simple. Brooks, Dylan // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the Bluetooth wireless technology. Companies that embedded Bluetooth in their devices; Bluetooth's strength; Common use for Bluetooth.
- Pushing Bluetooth To The Fast Track. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;12/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 43, p1
Highlights the fast track applications and implementations of the Bluetooth technology in various industries. Forecast on the growth of Bluetooth-enabled equipment; Details on Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) 5-Minute Ready program for consumers; Content of the Web site of SIG.
- Getting the Best Bite from Bluetooth. Forman, Ross // Wireless Design & Development;Apr2003, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on benefits of using bluetooth technology for wireless interconnectivity. Use of low-cost transceiver chip in Bluetooth devices; Comparison of various Bluetooth modules; Description of application-specific Bluetooth modules.
- Motorola releases integrated Bluetooth chip. // RCR Wireless News;12/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p6
Evaluates the MC72000 integrated Bluetooth radio solution for wireless devices, developed by Motorola's Semiconductor Products Sector in the U.S. Applications; Features.
- Bluetooth arrives. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;12/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p8
Talks about the adoption of Bluetooth technology in the mass consumer market as of 2002. Plan of the Bluetooth Special Interest Group to refocus Bluetooth's advertising message; Factors which will allow wireless carriers to begin bundling Bluetooth headsets with compatible handsets;...
- Bluetooth envisions the unplugged office. O'Bryhim, Brendan // Electrical Wholesaling;Dec2000, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p28
Describes how wireless technology can be applied to wire-and-cable electric distributors as envisioned by wireless networking technology Bluetooth. Functions of Bluetooth the technological specification and the consortium of companies; Primary focus of Bluetooth; Other home simplification...
- Bluetooth Sales Seen At 1.4B Units In 2005. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/25/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p29
Forecasts the annual sales of wireless technology products of Bluetooth in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Am I blue? Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/12/2001, Issue 322733, p10
Deals with BlueTooth, a short-range wireless technology that allows different electronic devices to communicate with one another using a common language or protocol. Origin of the technology; Design and features; Advantages to business travelers; Industries that will benefit from BlueTooth.