Startups Hone Graphics For Richer Mobile Web
- Enabling the Mobile Internet. Williamson, John // Global Telephony;Sep2001, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the role of mobile internet in the operations in global telecommunications industry. Distinction between mobile internet and the wireline predecessor; Importance of multimedia messaging on the telecommunications industry; Integration of Wireless Application Protocol and i-mode...
- Expanding horizons: Mobile's challenges for digital communicators. Zuk, Ryan // Public Relations Tactics;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p7
The article focuses on the challenges faced by mobile technology which includes being pragmatic about customizing content for each channel to reach the audience and formatting information for standard Web browsers like the Internet Explorer.
- Internet on wheels. Martin, Norman // Automotive Industries;May98, Vol. 178 Issue 5, p51
Reports in May 1998 that suppliers are initiating the introduction of mobile Internet servers in cars. Description of innovations expected to be placed in automobiles; Names of companies involved in Internet-in-the-car projects; Benefits of Internet connections in cars; Information on a...
- Designing for the Web. Abes, Cathy // Macworld;Feb1996, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p39
Reports on graphic art and design for sites on the World Wide Web. Draw program of Web designer Eric Baker; Use of Macromedia's ShockWave technology by Sasha Magee to design its Web site; Speed and color as the most important considerations for Web design.
- Tuning your images for the Web. Houldsworth, Andy // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Jul97, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p12
Offers several tips on preparing Web graphics. Image formats for the Web; CompuServe graphic interchange format; Joint photographic experts group; Photoshop; Xara; Debabelizer; Interchange pro.
- Comparing the new tools for creating Web graphics: Xara, Fireworks and ImageReady. Rossello, Rosanne // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Jun98, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p9
Highlights the introduction of three Web-ready graphics applications. What individual applications are designed for; Identification of the graphics applications; Information on the applications; Features of the applications.
- A road map to graphics Web sites. Martin, James A.; Abes, Cathy // Macworld;Oct95, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p134
Introduces some useful Web sites for graphics professionals. Publishing and Prepress; Graphics tips and tools; Web galleries.
- Best of the Web. // Design Week;6/2/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p10
The article reviews several web sites including www.tinyurl.com/3o9t9ko which discusses the most ridiculous city slogans in the U.S., www.lukew.com which discusses how mobile devices force people to rethink digital, and the www.tinyurl.com/67mgb26 which captures the gradual changes that comes...
- Netsize releases mSuites to simplify mobile services. // New Media Age;6/23/2005, p12
This article reports on the launching of mSuites, a content and campaign management tool by mobile solutions provider Netsize designed to simplify the deployment of global mobile services. The plethora of different handset standards, billing technologies, content formats and operator policies...