DoCoMo's Users Sign On To AOL
- DoCoMo could offer dual-band phones next year. // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p28
Reports on the decision of NTT DoCoMo Inc. to sell dual-band cellular telephones in 2002 in response to strong subscriber growth. Key features of the dual-band cellular phones.
- Cell lets fingers do talking. Williams, Martyn // InfoWorld;10/30/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p68B
Focuses on a mobile telephone exhibited by the company NTT DoCoMo at the CEATEC electronics exhibition in October 2000. Features of the phone.
- SoftBank makes waves. Anderson, Neale // Wireless Asia;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p30
The author offers his outlook for the cellular telephone market in Japan. He is confident that the principal opportunities for new operators remain in service areas outside the mainstream consumer market. Moreover, KDDI Corp. and SoftBank Corp. will increasingly focus on convergent services....
- Google joins i-mode with new site. Williams, Martyn // InfoWorld;03/19/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p58B
Provides information on the search engine introduced by Google company for mobile telephones in Japan using NTT DoCoMo's i-mode service. Growth and popularity of the site; Features of the i-mode service; Plan of Google and NTT DoCoMo to make the service an official i-mode site.
- DoCoMo pulls faulty Ericsson i-mode phones. Williams, Martyn // InfoWorld;01/29/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p76A
Announces the product recall made by NTT DoCoMo company for Ericsson KO209i cellular phone because of faults in the handset. Service of NTT supported by the device; Details on the problems of the phones.
- Natsuno and Ai Kato Launch DoCoMo's 505i. Scuka, Daniel // J@pan Inc.;Jun2003, Issue 44, p7
Reports on the launch of the 505i-series cellular phones by Japan-based NTT DoCoMo in 2003. Features of the phones; Reputation of DoCoMo; Highlights of the 505i launch event.
- He Made Japan Cell-Phone Crazy. Frederick, Jim // Time;12/1/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 22, p75
Discusses Shiro Tsuda as a possible successor to NTT DoCoMo's president, Keiji Tachikawa. His sense of balance between marketing and technology; His involvement in the mobile-phone industry from its beginnings; His love of the company.
- Cellcom Israel launches i-mode service. // RCR Wireless News;9/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p28
Reports on an i-mode Internet service launched by Cellcom Israel Ltd. in Israel in 2005. Information on several cellular telephone models that were launched with the service; Features of the cellular telephones; Agreement of NTT DoCoMo Inc. with Cellcom.
- NTT DoCoMo brings color to i-Mode service. Williams, Martyn // InfoWorld;01/24/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p66A
Deals with the plan of NTT Mobile Communications Network to add color to its i-Mode interactive cellular-telephone service. Features of D502i Hyper handset produced by Denso; Information on i-Mode service; Main competitor of i-Mode service.