Sprint PCS Opens Door To Web World
- AS OPEN AS THEY WANNA BE. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;2/25/2008, Special section p8
The article focuses on C Block of the 700 megahertz which is the threshold established by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to require open access for wireless operators in the U.S. The operators plan to open themselves up if they are to bring wireless data penetration to the next...
- WiMax could bring dramatic changes, wherever you are. Klaassen, Abbey // Advertising Age;5/12/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 19, p50
The article discusses the possibilities presented by WiMax, a network that would enhance the speed of data transmission by cellular phones and make it possible for other objects such as car keys to use wireless data transmission. The corporate leaders in this development include Sprint, Google,...
- Google to join mobile wireless fray. Shea, Bill // Crain's Detroit Business;1/14/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p11
The article reports that Google Inc. has joined other U.S. mobile wireless companies, such as AT&T, Verizon and Sprint Nextel Corp., to develop a mobile-phone software and services in the country. It is inferred that Google has planned to open an access to its phone software, allowing a dizzying...
- Spring pursues middlemen role. Morgan, Bryan // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p26
Reports on the Wireless Application Manager platform by Sprint PCS which uses the intelligent deployment of Web services. Developers' means of becoming partners; Reasons the wireless Web has failed; Submission of the J2ME Web services specification to the Java Community Process.
- Sprint PCS disappoints, VoiceStream surprises with 4Q adds. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Reports on the decline in customer growth at wireless firm Sprint PCS in the fourth quarter of 2001. Number of net customers added; Factors which contributed to the decline in customer additions; Views of analysts on the decline.
- Making money online. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on the combination of Internet applications and wireless technologies. Evaluation of the business plans of Internet and wireless technologies; Overview of the report `Creating the New World Wireless Operator'; Business models established by Sprint PCS company. INSET: Briefly.
- Maybe Next Year? Beach, Tarre; Harter, Betsy // Wireless Review;12/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p3
Focuses on the wireless services offered by Sprint PCS company. Reason of people for using Sprint PCS service; Cities covered by the signals of Sprint PCS.
- Sprint PCS. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p16
Presents information on wireless communication carrier Sprint PCS. Number of subscribers and employees in the third quarter of 2001; Information on the Clear Pay plan of the company.
- Hot summer nights. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p12
Addresses the issues affecting the wireless communication industry in the United States as of May 2001. Legislation mandating hands-free cellular telephone use; Controversy involving the communication tower of Sprint PCS in Colorado.