- Breckenridge Agreement intended to foster broadband cooperation. Smith, Hilary // RCR;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p24
Outlines details of Sprint Corp.'s Broadband Wireless Group and WorldCom Inc.'s Breckenridge Agreement, a document established to ensure the cooperation of wireless broadband carriers building systems in adjacent markets in the United States.
- WorldCom, Sprint on MMDS hold in search of infrastructure. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;4/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p23
Reports on the suspension of further deployment of multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS) in the U.S. by WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp. Reason for the delay; Status of both companies in the market for wireless broadband; Alternative uses for the spectrum if MMDS license holders...
- Local broadband. Jones, Jennifer; Moore, Cathleen // InfoWorld;02/07/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the preparation of Sprint Corp. and MCI WorldCom Inc. to launch broadband communication services to homes and businesses in 2000. Introduction of a national footprint of the Multi-channel Multi-point Distribution Service (MMDS) by the companies; Importance of the MMDS broadband...
- Briefly. // Telephony;04/28/97, Vol. 232 Issue 17, p44
Reports on the developments in the telecommunications industry. Plans by Sprint Inc. of offering overseas telephone calls to Europe and Canada from the US; Charities given by AT&T Wireless Services to schools in Pennsylvania and Ohio.
- TECHNOLOGY WINNERS & LOSERE. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;1/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p6
Explores the technology implications of the Sprint-Nextel merger to emerging wireless broadband solutions. Deal signed by Nextel with Motorola to buy iDEN network infrastructure and handsets; Wireless broadband solutions that can be connected to the Next Generation Dispatch Internet...
- Novatel Launches EV-DO Rev. A Product. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/11/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p66
The article reports on the launch of the new Novatel Wireless S720 Sprint Mobile Broadband Card from Novatel Wireless Inc. and Sprint Corp. The Novatel broadband card will allow laptops and Linksys Wireless router to wirelessly access audio, video and data at a digital subscriber line-like...
- Some closure on broadband's dusty zeitgeist. Cosper, Amy C. // Satellite Broadband;Jun2002, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p6
Talks about the decline of the business and technology of broadband as of June 2002. Collapse of the Ka-band projects; Broadband projects which were cancelled.
- Sinking in FERTILE GROUND. Skeldon, Paul // America's Network;4/1/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p30
Deals with status of the broadband network market in Europe as of April 2002. Failure of the European broadband industry to balance the competitive market; Business sectors affected by the failure of the industry; Prediction on the consolidation of regional broadband infrastructure market by 2003.
- Field upgrades. Iler, David // CED;Jul2003, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p16
Reports on developments affecting the broadband test and measurement sector. Modernization by additional technical capabilities; Workforce integration; Company consolidation.