Digital: A Different Kind Of Migration
- PCS pushes through Midwest. // Telephony;02/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p84
Reports on Western Wireless' introduction of VoiceStream personal communications services in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Western Wireless starts Utah service. // RCR;7/1/96, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p5
Reports on Western Wireless Corp.'s launching of a personal communications services (PCS) network in Salt Lake City, Utah covering the Provo and Ogden basic trading areas. Features of the service; Previous PCS launches by the company.
- Western Wireless claims smooth sailing in Hawaii. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p4
Reports that the personal communications services network launched by Western Wireless Corporation in Hawaii in 1996 is reaping success according to the company. Information on the Hawaiian operation, VoiceStream Wireless; Details on some of the problems of the operation; Reference to the...
- Western Wireless puts PCS count at five. // Telephony;8/05/96, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p12
Reports on Western Wireless' development of a personal communication services network called VoiceStream Wireless.
- Western runs for the border. // Telephony;03/24/97, Vol. 232 Issue 12, p36
Reports that Western Wireless Inc. has expanded its VoiceStream PCS offering in the Albuquerque, New Mexico major trading area by turning up service in El Paso, Texas and Las Cruces, New Mexico.
- Western to launch May 1 in Denver. // RCR;04/28/97, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p50
Announces that Western Wireless Corporation plans to launch its personal communications services in Denver, Colorado on May 1st, 1997. Detailed information on the company's plans; Names of Western's competitors.
- Western Wireless wins Bolivia PCS tender. // RCR;11/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p27
Reports that a group led by Western Wireless Corp. has won a tender to operate a nationwide personal communications services system in Bolivia.
- Western Wireless fires up in N.M. // RCR;8/05/96, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p1
Reports on Western Wireless Corp.'s launching of a personal communications services network in the Albuquerque, New Mexico-El Paso, Texas trading area. Features of the service; Growth plans for the service; Other market areas served by Western Wireless.
- States, wireless carriers argue merits of Oregon PCS tax plan. Sakelaris, Linda Kay // RCR;9/9/96, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p6
Reports that several state tax offices and wireless carriers responded to the tax predicament faced by Western Wireless Inc. in Oregon. Oregon Department of Revenue's proposed assessment to Western; Total taxes paid for the Portland, Oregon personal communications service license.