Sonera Shedding Powertel Shares
- Cautious xDSL Rollout in Finland. Shankar, Bhawani // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jul98, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p17
Focuses on the entry of Finland's Sonera into the Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) market. Information on Sonera's xDSL services; Price of xDSL from Deutsche Telekom.
- Sonera sells VoiceStream stake. // RCR Wireless News;5/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p15
Reports that Sonera Corp. sold some of its stocks at VoiceStream Wireless Corp. to Deutsche Telekom in Europe as of May 2001. Percentage of stocks it sold; Amount of its sale.
- DT adds Powertel to wireless bounty. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p3
Cites the purchase of Powertel Inc. by Deutsche Telekom AG.
- A Green Light, And A Yellow. // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Reports on the contention of the United States government on two proposed acquisition deals in the wireless telecommunication industry in 2000. Indication that the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. is approved by the government; Details on the conflict in Congress over...
- VoiceStream, Powertel Await FCC Decision. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the pending approval of the merger of VoiceStream Wireless company and PowerTel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Speculations on the decision of FCC; Details of the deal; Background of the merging companies.
- VoiceStream, Powertel Merger Final. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom AG. Companies that reported gains as the result of the merger; Reason for the opposition to the merger in the United States.
- GSM puzzle almost complete. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;09/04/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the plan of Deutsche Telecom/VoiceStream Wireless to acquire Powertel. Purpose of the move; Implication of the acquisition; Reactions from analysts about the move.
- INTERNATIONAL. Webdale, Jonathan // New Media Age;2/6/2003, p12
Presents updates on the mass media industry as of February 2003. Plan of Deutsche Telekom to launch a commercial third-generation network across Germany in 2003; Interconnection standards agreement of Sonera and Telia mobile telephone operators; Plan of Microsoft to make changes to its .Net...
- DT Delays Deal To Merge. // Wireless Week;02/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless and Powertel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom in the United States. Value of the deal; Expected completion of the merger.