Nextel And CDMA2000: Picking A Path To 3G?
- Direct Connect Going Nation Wide. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p4
Reports that Nextel Communications Inc. will launch its key differentiating service called Direct Connect throughout the U.S.. Implications of the rollout of the service to competitors; Phases of the launch; Initial markets that will offer the service; Challenges faced by the company.
- Nextel launches WBS initiative. // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p9
Reports that Nextel Communications Inc. has launched its Wireless Business Solutions initiative as of August 26, 2002. Purpose of the launching; Components of the initiative.
- Nextel tests landline long-distance service. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/22/98, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p1
Announces that Nextel Communications Incorporated is offering a landline long-distance service to its customers. Information on Nextel; Details on the long-distance service being offered; How Nextel will charge their customers for wireless and long-distance service.
- Who Will Get NextWave's Licenses? Holt, Chuck // Wireless Review;02/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the concerns of communications operators about the pending auction of Next-Wave's C-block plasma-current switch (PCS) licenses in the United States (US). Issue over which operators are allowed to bid; Designated entities provision in the licenses; Demands of major US wireless-service...
- NEXTEL. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on wireless carrier Nextel. Implication of the decision to upgrade its iDEN network; Number of subscribers and employees as of December 2001; Technology used in its business operations; Percentage of advertisements that come from other carriers.
- Nextel leads all bidders in speedy SMR auction. Wayne, Debra // RCR;11/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p2
States that according to statistics, Nextel Communications Incorporated seems to be the leader in auction of 525, 800 MHz specialized mobile radio services licenses. Top five bidders as of round 12; Details on net revenues for licenses following round 12; Indepth look at issue.
- Nextel aims at business with 2-way radio system. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;05/11/98, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p30A
Focuses on Nextel Communications Inc.'s offering of a digital wireless two-way radio system that allows business users to communicate within a large talk group within an industry in the United States. Calling network called Direct Connect; Construction of a network around the construction and...
- Winphoria refines its push-to-talk feature. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the Direct Connect push-to-talk voice service of Nextel Communications Inc. Difference of Nextel from other wireless carriers; Percentage of Nextel customers that use Direct Connect; Competitors of Nextel in the push-to-talk voice service.
- Consensus Plan on Spectrum Still Faces Opposition. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;1/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p15
Deals with the revised plan of Nextel Communications to shift 800 Megahertz spectrum users to other frequencies which was filed to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in December 2002. Details on the plan; Budget allotted by the company for the revised plan.
- Nextel could be next to sell towers. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;11/02/98, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p1
Discusses moves by independent tower companies to cash in on the anticipated sale of tower assets by wireless carriers. Possibility that Nextel Communications Inc. may be first carrier to sell its towers; Improvement in cash flow that put a stop to Nextel's non-sales related activities;...