Wireless Computing Gets More Enterprising
- Microsoft, IBM to take IM to BlackBerry. Callaghan, Dennis // eWeek;4/25/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p30
The article focuses on Microsoft Corp., IBM Corp. and Novell Inc.' s move to extend the reach of enterprise instant messaging (IM) to mobile devices. Microsoft made the biggest news, announcing a beta of its Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005 client for Microsoft Windows Mobile...
- Probing the PC for the killer business app. Fitchard, Kevin // Wireless Review;Mar2005, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p21
Discusses the condition of the consumer wireless data application market in 2005. Expectations for wireless e-mail systems; Distribution of workers in the mobile communication industry; Actions taken by IBM to improve its operations in the wireless industry. INSET: Tapping the Mobile Worker.
- IBM-bitious. // Ward's Auto World;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p15
Focuses on the outlook and plans of IBM Corp. for its telematics platform targeted at the automobile industry as of August 1, 2003. Wireless communication technologies that will be incorporated into the systems; Estimated value of the vehicle telematics market; Goals of IBM for its telematics...
- computers. Wasserman, Todd // MediaWeek;04/23/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 17, pSR14
Deals with the campaign efforts of computer companies in the United States as of March 2001 to attract shares in the market. Plan of International Business Machines Corp. to increase its advertising budget; Move of Microsoft to invest capital in the launch of its Office XP and Windows XP;...
- Techno-pop. Benezra, Ken; Khermouch, Gerry // Brandweek;10/17/94, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p1
Reports on efforts of computer manufacturers to market family-oriented computer systems. Marketing programs of International Business Machines (IBM) Inc. for its Aptiva line of computers; Marketing and merchandising tie-up between Microsoft Corp., Compaq Computer Corp. and Delta Air Lines.
- Leading off. McCright, John S. // PC Week;11/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p9
Presents computer industry-related news items compiled in the week of November 1, 1999. Includes Microsoft Corp.'s introduction of the Windows 2000 Datacenter; Compaq Computer Corp.'s third-quarter 1999 financial performance; International Business Machines Corp.'s entry into the Internet...
- 1998's Top 50 Online Advertisers. // MediaWeek;06/28/99, Vol. 9 Issue 26, Interactive Quarterly p58
Presents list of top online advertisers in the United States for 1998. Microsoft Corp.; International Business Machines Corp.; Compaq Computer Corporation.
- computers. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;04/23/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 17, pSR14
Presents information on the marketing efforts of several computer manufacturers in the United States in 2001. IBM; Microsoft Corp.; Compaq Computer Corp.; Hewlett-Packard.
- MOBILE DEVICES: PRODUCTS TO WATCH. // Fortune;Winter2001 Technology Guide, Vol. 142 Issue 12, p98
Evaluates several mobile devices. Cassiopeia EM-500 from Casio; Visor Prism from Handspring; Cliï¿½ PEG-S300 from Sony; ePlate 630 from Hitachi; Aero 8000 from Compaq Computer.