Six market trends impacting the commercial vehicle aftermarket
- Disciplined Approach. Skydel, Seth // Fleet Equipment;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p4
Editorial. Discusses the growth strategies of commercial vehicle manufacturer ArvinMeritor. Investment in technology; Commitment to research and development; Development of systems for vehicle management.
- SERVICE WITH A DIFF-ERENCE. // Commercial Motor;3/11/2004, Vol. 199 Issue 5070, p64
Focuses on the differentials remanufacturing operation of Arvin Meritor. Number of people doing the rebuilding process for Arvin; Daily average of differentials remanufactured by its personnel; Details on the rebuilding process of the differentials; Causes of differential failure identified by...
- Meritor MXL driveline available to aftermarket. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 168 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the plan of the firm ArvinMeritor to offer its Meritor Extended Lube (MXL) driveline to the aftermarket in North America.
- ArvinMeritor expands MXL driveline for the aftermarket. // Fleet Equipment;Feb2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p45
The article reports on the move of ArvinMeritor Inc. to expand the availability of its Meritor MXL driveline to the North American aftermarket.
- ArvinMeritor opens plant in Mexico. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Oct2008, Vol. 165 Issue 10, p36
The article reports that ArvinMeritor dedicated its manufacturing facility in CiÃ©nega de Flores, Nuevo LeÃ³n, an industrial city in northern MÃ©xico near Monterrey. Carsten Reinhardt, president of Commercial Vehicle Systems for ArvinMeritor, said that they have designed the facility with...
- ArvinMeritor plans to invest in Brazil vehicle business. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2009, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the plan of ArvinMeritor Inc. to invest up to 10 million U.S. dollars for its commercial vehicle business in Brazil, as announced by its president Chip McClure. It states that the business is expected to support the expansion of the firm into new product segments. It is...
- ArvinMeritor plans to close Ohio facility. // Refrigerated Transporter;Oct2005, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p49
Reports on ArvinMeritor Inc.'s decision to close its Mayfield Village, Ohio commercial vehicle aftermarket distribution facility to streamline its North American parts distribution system. Anticipated year of completion of the closure; ArvinMeritor's acquisition of Euclid Industries.
- ArvinMeritor adds reman trailer axles. // Bulk Transporter;Oct2007, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the move of U.S.-based ArvinMeritor Inc. to add trailer axles to its portfolio of remanufactured components aimed at the North American intermodal motor carriers. Production of the said components started at its 270,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Plainfield,...
- New Plant Turns Old Parts Into Big Profits. Sprovieri, John // Assembly;Sep2010, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p12
The article focuses on the new company opened by the ArvinMeritor Inc. in Mississauga in Ontario to remanufacture axle carriers, transmissions and other components for heavy trucks. Doug Wolma, general manager of the remanufacturing business, discusses the cores in the industry which...