ArvinMeritor wins lawsuit against Eaton
- ZF Meritor files antitrust suit against Eaton. Vise, Avery // Commercial Carrier Journal;Nov2006, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p26
The article reports on a federal antitrust lawsuit filed by ZF Meritor against Eaton Corp. in Delaware charging that Eaton is engaging in anti-competitive conduct in the markets for heavy-duty truck transmissions. Meritor Transmission Corp. is also a party to the lawsuit. ZF Meritor alleges that...
- ArvinMeritor Wins Appeal of Eaton Patent Suit. // Fleet Equipment;Jul2003, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the ruling of the Court of Appeals on the patent infringement suit filed by Eaton Corp. against ArvinMeritor in the U.S. Allegations of Eaton Corp. against ArvinMeritor; Details of the case; Assessment of the patent claim.
- ArvinMeritor prevails on transmission dispute with Eaton. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2004, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p12
Relates the judgment issued by the U.S. Patent Board of Appeals and Patent Interferences regarding the patent interferences claims of ArvinMeritor Inc. against Eaton Corp. in May 2004. Concept of the interference proceeding; Reaction to the ruling.
- ArvinMeritor wins patent case. Kosdrosky, Terry; Ankeny, Bob // Crain's Detroit Business;4/7/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p40
ArvinMeritor Inc. has won a patent case filed against it by Eaton Corp. The case was filed in July 1997. An appeals court ruled that ArvinMeritor did not infringe on Eaton's truck transmission. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit reversed a Delaware district court jury's ruling...
- Antitrust and Business Litigation. Black, Emily Westridge // Texas Bar Journal;Jan2013, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p19
The article discusses two court cases including ZF Meritor v. Eaton Corp. and Rocker v. Centex related to antitrust and business litigation. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit examined the ZF Meritor v. Eaton Corp. court case concerning the non exclusive supply contracts which...
- Meritor ESS design infringes on Eaton patent. // Fleet Owner;Aug98, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p14
Reports that a federal district court in Wilmington, Delaware, ruled in favor of Eaton Corp.'s patent infringement lawsuit against Rockwell International Corp. and Meritor Automotive. Details on the court's ruling which included a $1.25 million award; Allegations in the suit; Plans by Meritor to...
- Eaton sues Rockwell. Lockridge, Deborah // Overdrive;Sep97, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p87
Reports on a patent infringement lawsuit filed by Eaton against Rockwell, alleging that the latter's Engine Sychro Shift is a copy of patented technology used in Eaton's Top 2 and AutoShift transmissions. Details of the case; Photograph of the device.
- COLLECTIVELY BARGAINED WELFARE PLANS--RETIREE BENEFITS--PROMISE OF LIFETIME HEALTH BENEFITS--VESTING OF WELFARE BENEFITS. // Benefits Quarterly;2010 First Quarter, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p50
The article discusses the court case Cole v. ArvinMeritor Inc. for violating the Labor-Management Relations Act (LMRA) and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) due to elimination of health care benefits to retirees aged 65 and older in Michigan. They filed a suit against Rockwell...
- ArvinMeritor rival files new patent suit. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;12/8/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p4
Eight months after losing a patent-infringement lawsuit against ArvinMeritor Inc. over a truck transmission, Eaton Corp. is suing the Troy, Michigan-based auto supplier again, this time over a different transmission. Eaton also filed a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission,...