US Army division awards tractor contract to Daimler Trucks North America
- Next-generation Cascadia boosts fuel economy 5%. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner Blog;5/30/2012, p7
The article previews the over-the-road Cascadia tractor from Daimler Trucks North America.
- WESTERN STAR'S MOVIE LEAD GIVES HINT OF NEW TRACTOR. // Overdrive;Apr2014, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p34
The article offers brief information on the 5700 highway tractor from the company Western Star.
- SmartWay tractors and trailers. // Fleet Owner;Jul2011 Supplement, p5
The article offers information on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-designated SmartWay tractor, manufactured by Daimler Trucks North America LLC, Volvo and Mack Trucks Inc.
- Technology offering a clear path to self-driving trucks. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Nov2014, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the International commercial vehicle show held in Hannover, Germany in 2014. It is noted that Daimler Trucks North America LLC introduced its Future Truck 2025, whose concept tractor-trailer combination integrates existing safety and control systems. Continental...
- Innovation at work. // Fleet Owner;May2009, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p54
The article reports on the Innovation Truck concept tractor from Daimler Truck North America (DTNA).
- Freightliner offers factory-installed roof fairing, starts 122SD production. // Fleet Owner;Oct2013, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p1
The article discusses the release of the Cascadia Evolution 72-inch mid-roof XT tractor from Freightliner, a division of Daimler Trucks North America LLC, also discusses production of the 122SD vocational model of its tractor.
- Daimler names JOST fifth wheel as standard equipment on Freightliner models. // Fleet Owner Blog;5/15/2014, p5
The article reports that Daimler Trucks North America has selected the JSK36 lightweight fifth wheel from JOST International as the standard fifth wheel for all Daimler Trucks Freightliner truck models, as well as a published option for the Western Star 4700 and 4900 truck models.
- The shape of things to come. Kilcarr, Sean // American Trucker;Aug2012, p18
The article explores the advantage of aerodynamics for trucks and trailers which are huge determinants of fuel economy. A prototype 2014 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution Class 8 tractor from Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) reportedly offers 5% improvement in fuel economy over the 2013...
- Daimler Trucks Partners with JOST International. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;5/14/2014, p1
The article offers information on the business partnership between truck manufacturer, Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) LLC and manufacturing company, Jost International Corp. It discusses about Jost JSK36 lightweight fifth wheel which is considered as the standard fifth wheel for all...