Commercial vehicle market poised for an upward crawl
- Trailer Industry Backlogs Maintained in February. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;3/28/2013, p3
The article reports that ACT Research Co. has published the "State of the Industry: U.S. Trailers," which showed that February 2013 commercial orders were strong enough to maintain industry backlogs.
- Used Class 8 vehicle sales rebound 21%. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2011, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p18
The article focuses on the "State of the Industry: U.S. Classes 3-8 Used Trucks" ACT Research Co. report released as of March 2011, which revealed an increase in the unit volume of sales of used heavy-duty Class 8 commercial vehicles in December 2010.
- Demand for trucks to remain weak. // Fleet Owner;Oct2009, Vol. 104 Issue 10, p18
The article reports on the forecast of Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co. LLC regarding the demand of commercial vehicles in the U.S. It projects that the demand for the vehicles will be about 45% in 2009 and will stay weak in the 1st half of 2010. It predicts that the...
- Truck orders end the year on a positive note. MARTIN, DEAN // Fleet Equipment;Jan2017, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p72
The article presents preliminary North America Classes 5-8 net order data from market research and consulting company Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co. for December 2016. Data reveal that the industry booked 42,000 units which brings the 415,600 full-year net order tally....
- Class 8 vehicle orders affirm market vitality. // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2011, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p5
The article offers information on the report titled "North American Commercial Vehicle Outlook," released by ACT Research Co., which shows a strong demand in class 8 vehicles and forecasts a rising commercial vehicle production through 2011 and 2012.
- Used trucks lag YoY, but strong year seen for trailers. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;1/26/2012, p11
The article reports an improvement in the sales of used Class 3 to 8 truck in December 2011, according to ACT Research. The segments that saw improvement relative to November are auction, retail, and wholesale, but they continued to lag on a year-over-year basis. It is noted that ACT Research...
- Demand for Class 8 trucks stays strong. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;7/ 5/2011, p1
The article focuses on the North American Commercial Vehicle Outlook by Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co. released in June 2011 for the commercial vehicle market. According to the report, the increasing demand or the strength in commercial vehicles are evident in all segments...
- Class 8 Orders Stay 'Weak' in July: ACT. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;8/22/2012, p2
The article reports that according to the State of the Industry report on the status of the North American commercial vehicle market, the trend of "weak" orders and falling backlogs continued to affect the Class 8 vehicle market in July 2012. The report, released by ACT Research Co. (ACT), says...
- ACT Research speakers remain optimistic about the market's future. Sauer, Bruce // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;5/1/2014, p1
The article reports on the optimism expressed by speakers at the transportation intelligence provider ACT Research's seminar in Columbus, Indiana regarding market for commercial trucks and trailers in the U.S. Topics include expectations of Frank Maly, ACT's trailer industry analyst, on the rise...