Peterbilt taking orders for NG-fueled vehicles
- Game changer. Neandross, Erik // Fleet Owner;Oct2015, p3
The article discusses the medium-heavy-duty version of the landmark Cummins Westport (CWI) ISL G natural gas engine that was certified for sale by the California Air Resources Board (ARB) on September 10, 2015. Topics covered include how the engine could change the future of heavy-duty...
- Hybrids for the long haul. Kilcarr, Slan // Fleet Owner;Oct2007, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p24
The article focuses on the use of Class 8 hybrid heavy duty trucks in the U.S. It is inferred that hybrid trucks reduce pollution, fuel consumption, and fleet costs. Tim Yatsko, senior vice president of transportation at Wal-Mart Transportation, believed that hybrids from Peterbilt Motors Co....
- Peterbilt adds Bendix Wingman Active Cruise Control with Braking as option. // Bulk Transporter;Jun2011, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p45
The article reports on the announcement of Peterbilt Motors Co. on the production availability of Bendix Wingman's Active Cruise with Braking (ACB) as an option for its heavy-duty truck models in the U.S.
- Requerimientos energÃ©ticos de los vehÃculos hÃbridos de transporte urbano de alto tonelaje. López-Martínez, José María; Jiménez-Alonso, Felipe; Flores-Holgado, Nuria; Resino-Zamora, Daniel // DYNA - IngenierÃa e Industria;mar2011, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p182
No abstract available.
- Cummins to add SCR for 2010. Roberts, Jack // Overdrive;Sep2008, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p14
The article reports on the announcement by Cummins Inc. that it will add selective catalytic reduction (SCR) aftertreatment to its heavy-duty products for 2010 in the U.S. Cummins asserts that the addition of the recent advancement in catalyst technology to its engines will offer customers with...
- KW & Pete hybrids get break. // Fleet Owner;Mar2008, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p19
The article reports on the tax credit made available to buyers of Class 6 and 7 hybrid motor vehicles manufactured by Kenworth Truck Co. and Peterbilt Motors Co. in the U.S. It states that the tax credit amounts to $12,000 on the purchase of the companies' hybrid trucks. It reveals that the...
- Volvo notches 300,000th 13-liter. // Fleet Owner;Aug2010, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p114
The article offers information on the heavy-duty trucks diesel engine developed by Volvo Group assembled at the plant in Hagerstown, Maryland.
- Class 8 vehicle net orders remain weak in June '09. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2009, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p5
The article looks at the results of the State of the Industry report released by ACT Research Company LLC which convey the continued weak state of net orders for heavy-duty Class 8 commercial vehicles in June 2009. The survey notes that net orders are 51% below the prior-year period. The...
- U.S. Xpress Enterprises orders 1,000 Peterbilt Model 587s. // Fleet Equipment;Feb2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the move of U.S. Xpress Enterprises to order 1,000 Model 587 SmartWay certified trucks from Peterbilt Motors Co.