Trucking Conditions Index shows some improvement
- Trucking Conditions Index inches upward. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;1/11/2012, p1
The article reports on the increase in Freight Transportation Research's (FTR) Trucking Conditions Index by slightly less than two points to a reading of 5.2 in November 2011.
- Financing Trucker$. Rutberg, Sidney // Secured Lender;May/Jun2006, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p44
Discusses the trends in the financing trucking sector in the U.S. Major players in the industry; Problems with the trucking industry; Popularity of the auxiliary power unit.
- Ready or not, here comes the world. // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2008, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p38
The article discusses the global trends that will affect the U.S. trucking and trailer industry in 2008. Campbell's Commercial Vehicle Marketing Group managing director Tim Campbell offers his insights on the issue. It cites that rising energy prices, global regulations and greater demand for...
- Coast-to-coast blues? Hitchcock, Ray // Overdrive;Dec94, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p26
Discusses life in the hauling business. Includes Mike Garvey of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, into livestock hauling; Ralph Howell of Wolford, Virginia, into coal hauling; Parcel Delivery Quick of Houston, Texas, in pick-ups, deliveries and interstate hauling; Guy Plumlee of Glendale, Arizona in...
- Robust Utah trucking industry can be attributed to good economy, location at interstate crossroads. Munson // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/20/99, Vol. 29 Issue 13, Focus p2
Examines the growth of Utah's trucking industry. Number of employees in the industry; Location of Salt Lake City on the national corridor at the convergence of Interstates 15 and 80; Truckload and less than truckload operations; Traffic safety issues; Cooperation between the trucking industry...
- Utah is home to several major players in the nation's business of trucking. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/20/99, Vol. 29 Issue 13, Focus p3
Features five Utah-based trucking companies which are among the top players in the United States trucking industry. C.R. England Inc.; Dick Simon Trucking Inc.; Pride Transport; Motor Cargo; Western Star; Names of owners; Number of employees; Types of trucks operated; Types of freight carried;...
- Top Utah trucking companies. Langan // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/20/99, Vol. 29 Issue 13, Focus p7
Presents a chart on the top Utah trucking companies, as ranked by 1998 Utah revenues. Includes specialty; Number of employees; Includes C.R. England; Dick Simon Trucking Inc.; L.W. Miller Transportation; DATS Trucking Inc.
- Getting harder to keep on truckin'. Fisher, Peggy // Tire Business;10/14/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p10
No abstract available.
- Freight Brokers and General Commodity Trucking. Brown, Terence A. // Transportation Journal;Winter84, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the role of licensed freight brokers in bringing changes to the marketing of general commodity trucking in the United States. Difference between freight brokers and other transport intermediaries; Variations in the regulatory status of freight brokers from 1935 to 1983; Reference to...