A New Collaborative Workflow: Building Information Modeling
- Geo install delivers net-zero for the newest Proud Green Home. SPAULDING, STEVE // Contractor Magazine;Sep2015, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p1
The article discusses various aspects related to design and construction of Proud Green Home in Fort Worth, Texas, and mentions that builder Hibbs Homes and consultant Matt Belcher, director of High Perf ormance Buildings Research Center in University of Missouri-Columbia, were given the...
- Raised a notch. Mattson, Holly // Contract;Feb2006, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p32
The article presents information about the Council for Interior Design Accreditation. The council is ensuring that future design graduates are prepared to meet the accelerated demand in the marketplace for sustainable design solutions. January 2006 marked the implementation of standards for...
- Air Age Equation Parameterized by Ventilation Grouped Time. WU Wen-zhong // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 587-589, p449
Ventilation temperature-velocity-temperature gradient grouped time parameter and these parameterized air age equation are constructed to calculate air age, not only of a single ventilation but also of ventilations more than one type, combining with the celebrated average air age equation, based...
- Sustainable Landscape Between Buildings. Beata, MAJERSKA-PALUBICKA // Advanced Engineering Forum;2014, Vol. 12, p171
Currently, there is a tendency in architecture to search for solutions implementing the assumptions of the sustainable development paradigm. A number of them are components of architecture, which in the future will certainly affect urban planning and architecture to a much greater extent. An...
- The True Costs of Building Green. Suttell, Robin // Buildings;Apr2006, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p46
The article provides information on green building design. Four attributes of green building design -- increased ventilation control, increased temperature control, increased lighting control, and increased daylighting -- have been positively and significantly correlated with increased...
- A View of the Technology Landscape. Arnold, Scott // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Oct2004 Supplement, Vol. 76, p5
Introduces a series of articles about the implications of the proliferation of networked building controls for green building designs.
- BIM Tools Driven by Green Building Growth. // Buildings;Nov2010, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p16
The article reports on the increasing use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) to achieve the sustainability goals of green building construction as it continues to gain momentum.
- 15 Years and Counting! Teal, Derrick // Environmental Design & Construction;Feb2012, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p8
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the issue concerning the importance of sustainability in the business sector.
- A Message from Norman A. Gabel. // New Mexico Business Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 30 Issue 6, pAGC-2
The article presents the author's message as the 2006 president of the New Mexico Building Branch of the Associated General Contractors. The partnership between the New Mexico Building Branch and the "New Mexico Business Journal" is highlighted. The recognition of 176 projects, which include...