Chronic fatigue syndrome: aetiology, diagnosis and treatment
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Review. Malhotra1, Bhagat S.; Nain, Parminder; Sidana, Jaspreet; Gupta, Amit; Sharma, Supreet // Der Pharmacia Sinica;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p212
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is an illness characterized by disabling fatigue of atleast 6 months accompanied by several other secondary symptoms. Till date there is no approved treatment available in the market. The diagnosis is based on symptoms and no specific diagnostic tests are yet...
- Update: Injection Therapies for Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia. Anderson, Paul S. // Townsend Letter;Nov2014, Issue 376, p48
The article discusses potential causes, aggravations and therapies in the fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue (FMS/CFS) and like syndromes. Topics include common injection therapies that address the causal relationships in FMS/CFS, therapeutic targets for injection therapies, and the common potential...
- Pneumocystis carinii Pneumonia. // Diseases & Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual, 2nd edition;2002, p776
Presents an encyclopedia entry for Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP). Causes; Gender and life span considerations; Primary nursing diagnosis; Treatment modalities for PCP.
- Immune deficiency disorders involving neutrophils. Spickett, G. P. // Journal of Clinical Pathology;Sep2008, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p1001
This review addresses current thinking on the diagnosis, causation and management of common and rare primary disorders of granulocytes. The genetic basis of many of these disorders is now understood. Increased awareness is necessary to ensure that these disorders are identified promptly and...
- ME / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome -- Causes and the Amygdala Retraining Recovery Programme. Gupta, Ashok // Positive Health;Apr2009, Issue 157, p1
The article discusses the use of the Amygdala Retraining Recovery Programme for the management of myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME), also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). ME/CFS is described as a real physical condition with real physical symptoms, ultimately caused by neurological...
- chronic fatigue syndrome. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p174
An encyclopedia entry for the term "chronic fatigue syndrome" is presented. This is a disorder characterized by extreme fatigue for a long period of time. This condition is most prevalent in adult and young adult women. Its causes and symptoms are discussed. Treatments include analgesic and...
- A report - chronic fatigue syndrome: guidelines for research. Sharpe, M. C. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Feb1991, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p118
The article presents guidelines regarding chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) research. G.P. Holmes and colleagues had coined the term for the disease due to its descriptive nature and freedom from unproven etiological implications. Guidelines on symptoms, signs, syndromes, sampling, comparison...
- Cracking the mystery of chronic fatigue. Segell, Michael // Cosmopolitan;Jan1996, Vol. 220 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on an article in the `Journal of the American Medical Association' which finds a link between chronic fatigue syndrome and an abnormality in the way the body regulates blood pressure.
- Sick and very tired. Graham, Janis // Shape;Dec96, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p90
Provides an overview of medical conditions which may result in chronic fatigue syndrome. Depression; Fibromyalgia; Hypothyroidism; Iron-deficiency anemia; Lack of sleep; Lupus; Lyme disease; Overtraining.