Put to the test
- Demand for HR professionals hits six-year high. Millar, Michael // Personnel Today;11/1/2005, p10
This article informs that the quarterly Recruitment Confidence Index (RCI), produced by the Cranfield School of Management in association with the journal Personnel Today, shows that 20% of organisations plan to recruit more HR staff in the next six months. The projected demand for HR staff has...
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;10/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p19
Presents information on several legal issues in Great Britain as of October 2000. Views of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development about the draft code of practice on the Data Protection Act 1998; Effect of employment legislation on discrimination at work.
- A practical resource for the public sector. // People Management;Jun2011, p56
The article reports on the launch of a new area of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) website in 2011 which is dedicated to supporting and informing the public sector of the human resources (HR) community.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // People Management;12/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p45
Presents an update on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) as of December 28, 2001. Moderators appointed for the institute's certificate programs in personnel and training practice; Documents added to the Infosource section of the Web site of the CIPD; Topics that will be...
- Time to take the site test. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;5/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p63
Features the online debate zone at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) Web site. Questions posted on the Web site to spark discussion; Information provided by the site.
- THREE LEGS GOOD? Robinson, Vanessa // People Management;10/26/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p62
The article focuses on a research which examines the effectiveness of a three-legged model including a human resources (HR) shared-service centre, centres of expertise and business partners conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in Great Britain. The model has changed...
- CAPITAL IDEAS. // People Management;5/19/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p55
The article announces the network seminar of the public sector and reward forums of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. The seminar will take place at Manning House in London, England on May 27, 2007. The event will feature presentations by Jim Matthewman of Mercer Human Resource...
- Time to get serious over the numbers. // People Management;Mar2015, p12
The article discusses the role of human capital reporting by businesses according to a report by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) with speculation on the value of people to companies.
- GET THE THREAD VANESSA ROBINSON. Robinson, Vanessa // People Management;2/23/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p53
The article urges members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in February 2006 to comment and share experiences related to human resources and technology, that may be used as reference for a research project being developed by CIPD in Great Britain. It also offers...